Swinhoe

Birch Run Farm

Biddy up!
11 Years
Sep 5, 2008
VERMONT
I just added a young pair of Swinhoe's to my collection. Hope they settle soon so I can take photos. Tails are chewed but will grow back. The female is just beautiful, I love the girls patterns as much as the male's bright color found in Galliforms.

I strongly believe in buying chicks or even adults instead of taking a chance of hatching pheasant eggs.Ecspecially if the eggs are shipped,they go threw a lot of jarring when shipped.The postal carriers do not care if they are fragile or not.If you have someone nearby that raises what you want,buy birds not eggs.It will be much cheaper in the long run.Let me check the APWS directory to see if anyone is local around you that raise pheasants.
In N.H.,Tony.

Now you are getting me excited I pre ordered some swinehoe eggs. hoping for a good hatch rate. put some pictures up when you can.

Last edited:
I agree with Tony. You are much better off paying for a pair of started birds than hatching eggs. Quite honestly, for chickens too.

Hi Kermit.I have a 2011 hatch male,but I think I should keep him as he is from my bloodline and the adults are about 15 years old.I need to find him a hen.There's a guy in Ma.that had a pair of siblings.I will check and see if he still has them.This guy is Steve LaCroix brother,but I don't rememeber his first name.
In N.H.,Tony.

Hi Kermit.I have a 2011 hatch male,but I think I should keep him as he is from my bloodline and the adults are about 15 years old.I need to find him a hen.There's a guy in Ma.that had a pair of siblings.I will check and see if he still has them.This guy is Steve LaCroix brother,but I don't rememeber his first name.
In N.H.,Tony.

I bought like a whole flock of different birds from one guy you sent me to. Was that Steve? I'll take the 15 year olds if you are willing to sell them.

That was probably Peter Nardi,this guy (LaCroix) lives around the corner from Peter.I would never sell these swinhoes,they have been an excellent pair of breeders for me and are still producing.She even sets on her eggs every year with great success.This why I should keep this 20111 hatch male from them,hoping he will be as productive as his parents.
I will contact Peter as he was selling the swinhoes for this guy,he had 2 trios and a pair,but he sold the 2 trios.
In N.H.,Tony.

Back
Top Bottom