Swollen eye

It's possible. Usually MG presents with bubbles in the eyes and/or with mucous.

When you wiped the saline from her eye did it look better?
Not sure if its better, I suspect MG though...when I picked her up water came out of her...not sure if it was from her nostrils or beak. She has been seperated...here is a picture, I see some stuff in it. But I would have to make another batch of saline to flush it out.

Attachments

• 7B74D750-36D4-4DFC-AD12-CADAFFAE35B5.jpeg
    7B74D750-36D4-4DFC-AD12-CADAFFAE35B5.jpeg
    413.6 KB · Views: 13
I think it looks a bit better.

If water came from her beak - what's her crop feel like? Is it emptying overnight?
Check it and see. If it's not, then you will need to address that too.

Have you seen any other symptoms from her - coughing, sneezing, mucous?
What makes you think MG? Have you had that in previous birds before?

I think it looks a bit better.

If water came from her beak - what's her crop feel like? Is it emptying overnight?
Check it and see. If it's not, then you will need to address that too.

Have you seen any other symptoms from her - coughing, sneezing, mucous?
What makes you think MG? Have you had that in previous birds before?
Chirpie (the hen with a reproductive issue) showed bubbles, so I did some research on MG. However, it wasnt tested for and the bubbles went away. I suspect it because she seams weird (puffed up/ legthargic). But you have much more experience, so I am just guessing. No other symptoms that seem to be respiratory related. Except I see bubbles, after I flushed her eye with some saline. Her crop feels normal. It emptied yesterday I believe...but I will check in the morning again.

Chirpie (the hen with a reproductive issue) showed bubbles, so I did some research on MG. However, it wasnt tested for and the bubbles went away. I suspect it because she seams weird (puffed up/ legthargic). But you have much more experience, so I am just guessing. No other symptoms that seem to be respiratory related. Her crop feels normal. It emptied yesterday I believe...but I will check in the morning again.
You helped on the MG thread I created as well.

Ah, ok.
Well, I would re-flush with saline, wipe out the eye and put a small dot of original neosporin or if you have it Terramycin in the eye. No vaseline:)

Do check her crop in the morning and try to determine if it's emptying.

Keep me posted.

Ah, ok.
Well, I would re-flush with saline, wipe out the eye and put a small dot of original neosporin or if you have it Terramycin in the eye. No vaseline:)

Keep me posted.
I just recently got some original neosporin, so thats what I an using. I will update! Thanks for your help once again!!!

Ah, ok.

Keep me posted.
crop had a bit of food in it. Its doughy. I made some new saline and flushed her eye. It has clouded over and looks like she may be blind :( The swelling has gotten worse as well. I will repeat this for a few days. I will wet her feed when feeding

Attachments

• DD6B4097-3EE7-40EA-B233-036ED8BA315B.jpeg
    DD6B4097-3EE7-40EA-B233-036ED8BA315B.jpeg
    534.8 KB · Views: 13

Back
Top Bottom