elc0711

Chirping
Mar 21, 2020
Good morning, all. I let everyone out of the coop this morning, and it seems like my buff brahma, Dolly, woke up like this. I'm desperately hoping it's something that will self-resolve, but I'm also looking for guidance in the event that it isn't. The last 2 months have been one after the other chicken issues, between sickness, fox attacks, antibiotics and egg withdrawals, and now, Dolly.
Please advise, and feel free to ask any questions that I can try to answer to help point us in the right direction.

Attachments

• 20220625_090930.jpg
    20220625_090930.jpg
    472.1 KB · Views: 7
Good morning, all. I let everyone out of the coop this morning, and it seems like my buff brahma, Dolly, woke up like this. I'm desperately hoping it's something that will self-resolve, but I'm also looking for guidance in the event that it isn't. The last 2 months have been one after the other chicken issues, between sickness, fox attacks, antibiotics and egg withdrawals, and now, Dolly.
Please advise, and feel free to ask any questions that I can try to answer to help point us in the right direction.
With no other symptoms than this swollen eye, I would be inclined to try giving her some Benadryl. If you get children's Benadryl, which is 12.5 mg per tablet, you can break a tablet in half and give her half a tablet once a day. See if that will help.

With no other symptoms than this swollen eye, I would be inclined to try giving her some Benadryl. If you get children's Benadryl, which is 12.5 mg per tablet, you can break a tablet in half and give her half a tablet once a day. See if that will help.
She kept to herself most of the day, but not entirely. The eye did get slightly watery throughout the day, but I'm thinking that might be because of whatever is causing the irritation? When I put her to bed tonight the watery substance did look like it had turned slightly cloudy, but not opaque or mucus-like. And thank you for replying!

Back
Top Bottom