Swollen Front?

welcome-byc.gif

Are you noticing that the swelling is mostly on the right side? If so, it's a full crop. Totally normal. Just means your chicks are eating well. The crop should be full in the evenings and empty again first thing in the morning.

Thank YOU! I was worried. These are my first chicks I'm raising since i was a kid.i just didn't remember it lol

I have to say that I LOVE these posts... it's so nice when it really is NOTHING to worry about! I thought my chicks had all grown terrible tumors... nope! Just being little piggies. enjoy. Also, sometimes they just fall down asleep and look really, really dead. and someday you'll come home, and they'll all be laying in the dirt, looking mangled and again, DEAD. dust baths. totally normal too.

Full crop, the first time I noticed this I just about
th.gif
I thought the poor thing had a tumor. Then when I noticed they all had it I was relieved, then I knew what it was. Whew.
jumpy.gif
D.gif

Oh my this post couldnt have come at a better time! I was out in the coop yesterday afternoon and i thought one of mine had some sort of lump on her. I even picked her up trying to feel and see what it was!!! Im glad to hear it is normal!!!

I did the same thing after their first treat pig-out, except I thought they all had sour crop and posted frantically in the "emergencies" section. :lol:Thank you, BYC-ers for saving me from the terror!

My goodness, you should see mine after they get done eating their "treat tray" in the late afternoon! I'm suprised they don't just topple over on their right sides or pull to right when they are walking! Here's something funny: the first time I really noticed one or two of mine had really full crops, I remarked to my DD that I had no idea that chicken's breasts developed like that-with one side bigger than the other! Silly me! Does my heart good to see them with really full crops-means they are all eating fine. Must be the mother in me...........

I'm Glad I'm not the only one who thought tumor. lol! I only have 2 chicks someone gave me and one is black and one is white. It seems to Be way more noticeable on the Black one.

Back
Top Bottom