Swollen Silkie eye please help

Benechick

In the Brooder
Jan 2, 2021
My daughters silkie hens eye started to get swollen all around her eye. I immediately brought her into my garage. I started with terramycin eye ointment and gave her .3cc injection of LA200. After 3 days gave her another injection. Her eye never got better or worse. After those 2 injections, I started her on denegard and have had her on that for 10 days. Ive also put colloidal silver in her eyes. Now its getting worse. I can not see puss in her eye, I have tried twice now to squeeze something out with no luck. She has absolutely no other symptoms. None of the others are sick. My daughter took her to the vets on tues and the vet said she has a blocked sinus and he don't believe antibiotics will work but she could try them but of course my daughter didn't take them because she didn't want to spend the extra money since the dr said he don't think it will work. He told her she needs it surgically removed which would cost a lot. Ive posted on other groups and people tell me to give her a stronger dose of LA200 at .5cc and do that every other day for a week. Im looking for recommendations what to do. I am so lost. Im so worried the skin around her eye is going to break open since it keeps getting bigger. I told my daughter to get the antibiotics from the vet but of course with the holidays that screwed things up and the office is closed. Would you suggest the LA200 at .5cc every other day? What else can I do?

Attachments

• 20201228_153348.jpg
    20201228_153348.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 12
I am so sorry! That doesn't look fun... I can't give you any other treatments options because I don't know any :hmm. You said she doesn't have any other symptoms, but is she in pain?

I assume she is in pain. She doesn't like me touching it. I did just call another vet who sees chickens and left a message. But unfortunately won't be in the office till Monday.

Back
Top Bottom