swollen sinus? or something stuck in her eye? *PIC added*

It's gone.

I checked it this morning and it is completely normal. I'm still scratching my head, confused as to WHAT that was all about. The only thing I used was sterile water to flush and the Neosporin 3x each day. Did the Neosporin do it? I was never able to get any meds or Vetrx (I live in the middle of nowhere, so internet is my best option). I never saw any drainage from the eye...if it's eye worms (that's the theory I'm leaning towards right now), will it come back or infect the others?? It seems like info and pictures on eye worms is a little sparse out there (prevention, etc). Also, most sites listed cockroaches as the host, of which we most definitely have NONE here in Northern WI in January.
lol.png
idunno.gif

I guess I just will keep an eye out for any others with swelling. If anyone knows how to prevent them from happening again I would be very interested...we're going on vacation in a month and I don't the chicken sitter is going to be capable of that level of care (catching, flushing, etc...)
tongue.png

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions, I do plan on putting together a better first aid kit after this little run in. Ya'll were a big help!!!

we don't have roaches either but a wild bird can eat one and then leave droppings in your pen and you chick eat it and there you go

Yup, the girls did free range this fall, but now they're cooped up for the winter (2 foot snowdrifts). It's definitely possible though, since we live in the woods...they LOVE digging under old pieces of dead wood!

ETA: I do have the Vetrx on order, so if anyone else comes up with the same thing, I can treat with that... do I need to sanitize the whole coop now? I do deep litter, and getting all that stuff out with all the snow would NOT be fun. Plus, it's COLD out there!!! I use DE in the shavings, so that SHOULD kill any excreted worms...

Last edited:
Sorry to sound like a noob, but whats Tylan? My bird has all of the symptoms (except hes had it for a while and none of the other birds are sick) so... what do i do?

Back
Top Bottom