T-t-that's all, folks-- at least from here!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by d.k, Mar 26, 2008.

1. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Found our last night-- our 3Oth anniversary, BTW, that this house & property we've been living in for 15 years is going on the auction block May 1st. We have NO earthly idea where we're headed from here-- but it'll have to be someplace that I can get a couple of galpals for my Miss Chook, eh?? We're very torn about leaving-- both our sons will likely stay on in town here at least awhile & that's tough to contemplate. Things have been really difficult, though, since the hurricanes & this 55 y/o house is falling apart. . .If I'm absent alot for the next weeks, you'll understand-- I've got 15 YEARS almost to the day of "stuff" to wade through!!!! Pray for us, those of you who do. We're gonna need it. Love you guys & thanks.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  2. meriruka

meriruka Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    Best of luck to you.....maybe you'll find a place that you like even better. It's always hard to leave a place you've grown attached to, with so many memories, but I hope everything works out for you!

3. airmom1c05

airmom1c05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    Raymond, Mississippi
    You'll be in our prayers here in Mississippi. Best wishes for an exciting new chapter in your lives! [​IMG]

Congratulations on 30 years together. That's quite an accomplishment these days. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  4. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Oh my...yes the only bright side would be to find someplace that has a little land, and you can get Miss Chook some buds. [​IMG] I hope you find something pretty soon. Good luck !!! Hurricanes down there really messed alot of people up. Let us know how it goes.

5. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I pray that you find something you really like. Moving is a pain especially when it wasn't your choice so I hope you can find something to make it worth some cheering.

6. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    d.k, remember that God never closes a door without opening a window. I will be praying for you and your family to find an even better place to live..

7. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Thanks, guys-- Farmer Kitty, I've actually moved around a lot in my life- 15 different schools, kindergarten through college-- West coast, East coast West coast and back again. Living here is literally the longest I've been in on place & part of what's making it so tough this time, ya know. :|

8. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    When one door closes anothor one opens... and it will be even better !!!!! Best wishes my friend!!!

9. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Prayers for you and your family!! You'll have to look at it as a new beginning--not the ending.. Congrats on your anniversary..Dixie

10. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers, [​IMG]

I hope you will find a place that just amazes you, and makes it that much easier to deal with moving.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by