Taj Mahal of Chicken Coops

OMG its so awsome and full of character!!!
big_smile.png
wish I was as innovative as you.
droolin.gif

Yeah, I'm going to enclose the top this weekend. We have fox, coyotes, skunks, possums, raccoons, you name it. We lock the gals up tight at night so I'm not too worried about that. Khaos my boxer is out all day so I've not been too worried right now but I do need to get it completely enclosed with wire. Here's another pic with Khaos. He's standing there and the gals are telling him how handsome he is and could he help them out by opening the gate for them.

He is such a big luvable lug who doesn't know how big he is. I'm convinced he'd never harm a hen. I've seen him stop the neighbor's dog cold in her tracks and take a stance that said, 'They're mine. Go home now!" and she did. They're his charges and he takes it seriously. I've seen him laying down in the middle of them and eat his milkbone when I let them out in the evening and they are all over him trying to steal it from him. They even jump up on his back. If I put him in the run and left him there all day he would come out the worse for the wear.

Thanks for all the great comments!

Jim

712020884_dXwuo-L.jpg

Very impressive. I have a make shift mess that I keep my 3 hens and 1 roo in. Trying to keep the cost down and it looks it. Your solution is cheap and beautiful. Very impressive. Did I mention it was very impressive?

I love chicken TV. My 97 yr. old mother sits near the opening of our run, eats figs and feeds the chickens. Says it reminds her of Italy.

Last edited:
Nice. I would be interested to see more shots of the coup that houses the chickens, their roosts and nest boxes. It looks like something I would be interested in considering for my chickens.

Back
Top Bottom