Take a look at these pics...which D'uccle???

Hangin Wit My Peeps

AutumnBreezeChickens.com
11 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Birnamwood, Wisconsin
Which one is more of what you would want when it comes to coloring? More spots or less? These pullets are the same age (15 weeks about).

Millispot1.jpg

millespot2.jpg

Once they go through their first molt, they will BOTH change significantly... more spots all around. If more spots is what you want, then I suppose it's possible the one with more spots now will have even more after the first molt.

If you read the standard it seems that every feather should have a black bar and white spangle on their upper body. So the more spots the better? They are both very pretty and who knows what will happen after their first molt. I am watching mine also. One of my hens has almost no white at all - I am hoping that will change. Now I need to convince my husband that his favorite very wrong colored rooster is not the one to keep...

ETA: The top one seems to have a better muff
wink.png

Last edited:
The first one is nicer, her spots are larger and with enough black, which the second one doesnt have enough one. The first one will probably have too much white after her first molt to show (so she'd be best to show this first year) where as the second one will get more white after her first molt, but since she wont be getting any more black she probably just wont be show quality.

The first one definately has a better color. The second one likely won't have a good enough pattern to show, even after several molts.

Back
Top Bottom