Taking Flight learning to grow roots!

If the name Fiasco Farms had not already been taken that's what we would name our place, hint: we are city Folk, new to farming and don't have a clue! But the silkies sure make it worthView attachment 2037205 it! After my husband built a row of brand-new Cedar boxes for the girls to lay in... these two after fighting it out for this box decided to just share! We only have 9 silkies 2 roos and 7 hens but we have three state-of-the-art chicken coops with nursery and a beautiful tractor trailer coop. The last chicken house we bought my husband introduced himself as now working to buy coops! Coops are now off limits!

That is too cute that you have a nursery! I don’t know if I’ve ever heard anyone call it that but now I want to too! Wow with all those coops built your hubby must have the art of building perfect coops down!

Welcome! I look forward to finding you on the other threads!

If the name Fiasco Farms had not already been taken that's what we would name our place, hint: we are city Folk, new to farming and don't have a clue! But the silkies sure make it worthView attachment 2037205 it! After my husband built a row of brand-new Cedar boxes for the girls to lay in... these two after fighting it out for this box decided to just share! We only have 9 silkies 2 roos and 7 hens but we have three state-of-the-art chicken coops with nursery and a beautiful tractor trailer coop. The last chicken house we bought my husband introduced himself as now working to buy coops! Coops are now off limits!
I appreciate all your kind words and greetings! We will take all the encouragement we can get. You have no idea how many times we have wanted to throw in the towel.... I'm 52 years old and nothing has prepared me for farm life! I mean, back in 2003 we went to Mexico for two years and allowed life to take us to Rock Bottom, we've lived in Montana for a while and then 10 years in New Mexico in an effort to live a simple quiet life off the beaten path. But having animals that you are responsible for and want to practice good husbandry ....when you don't know what you're doing... is extraordinarily stressful. And will ground you quicker than anything! Or kill you trying!😉

I appreciate all your kind words and greetings! We will take all the encouragement we can get. You have no idea how many times we have wanted to throw in the towel.... I'm 52 years old and nothing has prepared me for farm life! I mean, back in 2003 we went to Mexico for two years and allowed life to take us to Rock Bottom, we've lived in Montana for a while and then 10 years in New Mexico in an effort to live a simple quiet life off the beaten path. But having animals that you are responsible for and want to practice good husbandry ....when you don't know what you're doing... is extraordinarily stressful. And will ground you quicker than anything! Or kill you trying!😉
I'm going to post four videos of our different chicken coops...they're a couple minutes long each so I thought I'd give you a heads up for anybody who's not a video lover!

Coop math is just as bad as chicken math!! 😂 any time I start a sentence with..."I was thinking we could..." my husband just rolls his eyes 😂
Would love to see pics of your coops!! Thanks for joining!!
I'm going to post four videos of our different chicken coops...they're a couple minutes long each so I thought I'd give you a heads up for anybody who's not a video lover!
Coop math is just as bad as chicken math!! 😂 any time I start a sentence with..."I was thinking we could..." my husband just rolls his eyes 😂
Would love to see pics of your coops!! Thanks for joining!!
So I tried to do a video for you of the coops but either I am not doing it right or you can't post videos here so now that I spent forever trying to do that...I'll take some pictures for you shortly!

It’s truly amazing to have animals that depend on you and begin to grow accustomed to you and maybe even love you. I have a female calf that I need to start interacting with more if I want her to be calm whenever she grows old enough to breed so I can get some milk. One step at a time is all I can think of. Doing too much all at once will make it very difficult, I’ve learned that the hard way with gardening.

Back
Top Bottom