Taking off painless peepers...

Chickenman MAN

Songster
Oct 25, 2020
United Kingdom South Devon
Was taking of painless peepers, one of her nostrils had a small cut and a bit of a graze just underneath. Is she going to be ok? Also I had to squeeze her a bit between my legs and afterward she was open mouth breathing intensively she is still doing it a bit ablout three minutes later. Here eyes are also looking like they are opening then closing again and again like she’s going to go öffnen to sleep

Oh I am sorry. Hope she's OK.
Sounds like you were squeezing her too hard and she was having breathing difficulties. How is she now?

As I've said before, pinless peepers are not painless, they are dangerous and painful. Why was she wearing them?

Sounds like you were squeezing her too hard and she was having breathing difficulties. How is she now?

As I've said before, pinless peepers are not painless, they are dangerous and painful. Why was she wearing them?
I think I was. She is 100% fine now as far as I can see... chasing me about for food and digging in the dirt. She was pecking the hell out of her sister chickens, and I don't have the facilities to separate her. They seemed like a good solution, she's had them on for about 5 weeks so I hope the behaviour has stopped. If not I'll have to look elsewhere. She wasn't able to get them out herself, and she was fine with them on. The cut was due to my own incomptetence...but it is small and I should think it will heal.

and yes... they are pinless peepers not painless peepers. I can't spell apparently.

I think I was. She is 100% fine now as far as I can see... chasing me about for food and digging in the dirt. She was pecking the hell out of her sister chickens, and I don't have the facilities to separate her. They seemed like a good solution, she's had them on for about 5 weeks so I hope the behaviour has stopped. If not I'll have to look elsewhere. She wasn't able to get them out herself, and she was fine with them on. The cut was due to my own incomptetence...but it is small and I should think it will heal.

Don't worry, the odd squeeze wont do permanent damage.

The cut will heal, but watch out for infection.

Back
Top Bottom