Taking your chicken to the vet

I only had to take one chicken to the vet . My regular clinic doesn’t see any birds but willing to help with meds or basics. When Violet had issues I took her to the local vet school. We had to go to the exotic animal area :lau They were great, she had surgery and apparently entertained the staff. Yes, heads turned when we came in and checked out, registration and main waiting area are right by the entrance. Hope your gal gets well soon, I’m sure you’ll get back in her good graces with some yummy treats

We have a really good bird and exotic clinic nearby (10 minute drive) that regularly sees chickens. We use to be regulars there but I found an amazing avian vet who does home visits. She pops by every 6-8 weeks for general health consultations. The home visits are a great way to get all of our birds checked out without stressing them out too much :)

I brought 1 of mine to the vet when the whole lot of them had a respiratory infection. I still don't hear the end of it from everyone I know. :rolleyes: DH gets made fun of at work for it too. But whatever, if I can fix them then it's all good.

Quite honestly, if I had to put one down I'd probably bring it there to have it done too, I'm too much of a softie & the place is 2 miles from my house.

We have a really good bird and exotic clinic nearby (10 minute drive) that regularly sees chickens. We use to be regulars there but I found an amazing avian vet who does home visits. She pops by every 6-8 weeks for general health consultations. The home visits are a great way to get all of our birds checked out without stressing them out too much :)
Where do you live we are in paris tn.

Back
Top Bottom