TALK ME DOWN!!!

wings

Songster
11 Years
Jan 11, 2009
Massachusetts
I am going crazy!!!
barnie.gif
Right now, we have 4 hens and 1 rooster, and we are getting five/six more!!!
wee.gif
The thing is, I live in MA, so I have to wait untill I can order them!!!
he.gif
I'm really tempted to order them now, even though I know I shouldn't.
hide.gif
I need your help! Convince me to wait!!! Everyone is getting chicks and talking about their hatches, and I am sooooooooooooo jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!
he.gif
jumpy.gif

WAIT! Call and place your order- you'll feel good knowing it's scheduled- but set the ship date for warmer weather. You'll be glad you did. Many people on here may tell you it's just fine, but if you wait a month or two you won't run the same risk.

Thats like going to a bar and telling them you don't want them to sell you a drink!!!!!
lau.gif
You came to the wrong place!
gig.gif

I can tell you that fuzzy butts are so cute and fun and........

Oh I'm sorry I was spose to be helping wasn't I!
jumpy.gif

I know how you feel because I have contributed to providing baby pictures on this board. Please wait, This is the picture you want to imagine, A box of chicks with half of those little babies dead when you open it. Or worse, you take them all out and warm them up and they fail to thrive and you spend the next few weeks nursing the and the dont' make it. Even in MA you can expect some break in the weather in Late March. Or maybe try the local feed stores then and you can take home some chicks without the torture of waiting.

I tried brooding chicks I hatched in the garage this winter and even under lights they got chilled because I had a draft and I had a massive die-off. I brood in the basement now. I share this because if chicks are going to get chilled and die under 95 degree lights, can you imagine how much worse it is when they are in a box with vent holes and no artificial heat. At the very least, they can huddle and smother each other. At the worst, they will all get chilled and die. I think it would be terrible to get your box of chicks in and have it eerily silent instead of a bunch of cheeping peeps. Order now and get that done- it will make you feel better. Then wait.

I also live in MA. I recently placed an order for baby chicks...for the end of April. It went down to 0 F last night, and I would be heartbroken to lose new chicks.

Quote:
Place your order for late March or April delivery. That's what I did. At least now I can look at my order confirmation and sigh knowing I'll get them eventually. I'm ordering form My Pet Chicken so I know it will be late March before my fuzzies arrive.

Back
Top Bottom