Taming a Roo

Jaimi

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 1, 2008
North Central Alabama
When my roo was young, he was quite the cuddly lil fellow. Now, ever since him and his 3 girls have moved outside, he has just become wild. I see him every day, but I can't catch him anymore. What is the best way to tame a roo? He is also becoming a little aggressive, but not too bad.
Any advice?

can you catch him when he is in thecoop? we have a couple that are fiesty- and we are workign on it by carrying them around- and it seems to work-LOLembarass them in front of their women - tote them around and pet them- and feed them treats so they want to see you coming

My Roo was so sweet when he was young and now since his girls are laying he has been very mean. We have tried everything we have read on this forum and nothing is working. We hate to part with him but I hate being attacked every time I turn around. Its rough when they have been so sweet and turn mean. I know they are protecting the hens but this one is going a little to far! I am not sure what we will do....I hate to think a roo can get the best of me.....
Good luck with yours!

Back
Top Bottom