Tapeworm treatment Help!

szynszyla

Songster
7 Years
Jul 24, 2014
I recently bought a silkie rooster from an auction and while he was in quarantine I noticed tapeworm segments in his droppings. Can someone please recommend what is the best treatment for tapeworms. After doing some research I have heard that
Equimax (Ivermectin 1.87%/Praiquantel 14.03%) Paste, 6.42 g
or
Zimecterin Gold Paste Dewormer (Ivermectin 1.55%/Praziquantel 7.75%), 0.26 oz.

may work. Has anyone used this method or do you have a better method in mind. I only need to worm him so I don't want to spend a large amount of money on a product I will use very little of. I am also not concerned of any egg withdrawal times, he is a rooster, and I do not plan on eating him. Any help will be appreciated along with the proper dosage amounts and how frequently it should be administered. Thank you!

I don't know off hand. I would just have to follow the directions on whatever I bought from the feed store. I know plenty of people also use food grade diatomaceous earth to treat their animals for internal parasites. Again not sure of specific amounts but worth looking into as it's cheap and all natural.

I recently bought a silkie rooster from an auction and while he was in quarantine I noticed tapeworm segments in his droppings. Can someone please recommend what is the best treatment for tapeworms. After doing some research I have heard that
Equimax (Ivermectin 1.87%/Praiquantel 14.03%) Paste, 6.42 g
or
Zimecterin Gold Paste Dewormer (Ivermectin 1.55%/Praziquantel 7.75%), 0.26 oz.

may work. Has anyone used this method or do you have a better method in mind. I only need to worm him so I don't want to spend a large amount of money on a product I will use very little of. I am also not concerned of any egg withdrawal times, he is a rooster, and I do not plan on eating him. Any help will be appreciated along with the proper dosage amounts and how frequently it should be administered. Thank you!
You can use either one to treat tapeworms.
Dosing information is in the first post of this thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...rms-under-construction.1220309/#post-19519143

Back
Top Bottom