Tapioca

Ol Grey Mare

One egg shy of a full carton. .....
8 Years
Mar 9, 2014
Oregon
My Coop
My Coop
My FIL has mentioned more than once the amazing tapioca his mom used to make -- she is long since passed away, so no asking her for the recipe, but I'm hoping I might be able to at least make something that he will enjoy even if it isn't the same as "mom used to make". I have tapioca pearls (small, if that matters), looking for a good, "old fashioned tapioca" recipe....anyone?

My mom used to make tapioca pudding when we were kids. I think she just used the recipe off the box.

I haven't thought of that for a long time OGM, might have to pick up a box the next time I go to town!

I made tapioca pudding the other day - my mind was somewhere else. Somehow I added 4 eggs to the tapioca pudding instead of the one the recipe called for. It turned out pretty good and I have a new way to use excess eggs.. Next time I will only add 3 - the texture was a little too similar like scrambled eggs with 4.

Original Tapioca Pudding recipe

1/3 c, sugar
3 tsp tapioca
2-3/4 c. milk
1 egg, well beaten
1 tsp vanilla

Mix sugar, tapioca, milk and egg in medium saucepan. Let sit 5 minutes.
Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a FULL boil.
Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
Cool for 20 minutes. Serve warm or cold.

The last time I made it I used the recipe on the box probably but I cooked it in the slow cooker on high. It was the best ever.

Back
Top Bottom