1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Tapioca

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Ol Grey Mare, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    My FIL has mentioned more than once the amazing tapioca his mom used to make -- she is long since passed away, so no asking her for the recipe, but I'm hoping I might be able to at least make something that he will enjoy even if it isn't the same as "mom used to make". I have tapioca pearls (small, if that matters), looking for a good, "old fashioned tapioca" recipe....anyone?

2. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    My mom used to make tapioca pudding when we were kids. I think she just used the recipe off the box.

I haven't thought of that for a long time OGM, might have to pick up a box the next time I go to town!

3. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    I made tapioca pudding the other day - my mind was somewhere else. Somehow I added 4 eggs to the tapioca pudding instead of the one the recipe called for. It turned out pretty good and I have a new way to use excess eggs.. Next time I will only add 3 - the texture was a little too similar like scrambled eggs with 4.

Original Tapioca Pudding recipe

1/3 c, sugar
    3 tsp tapioca
    2-3/4 c. milk
    1 egg, well beaten
    1 tsp vanilla

Mix sugar, tapioca, milk and egg in medium saucepan. Let sit 5 minutes.
    Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a FULL boil.
    Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
    Cool for 20 minutes. Serve warm or cold.

4. Little Fuzzy

Little Fuzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2016
    The last time I made it I used the recipe on the box probably but I cooked it in the slow cooker on high. It was the best ever.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by