Tarantula Lovers!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by madamwlf, Oct 7, 2012.

1. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    Where are all the tarantula lovers and owners out there? I know there has to be some.

I went to the Havre de Grace reptile show yesterday. I was only looking for 2 critters to bring home: a corn snake and a goliath birdeater tarantula. Didn't have much hope on finding the tarantula since they aren't too easy to come by. Well, luck was on my side. I brought home not one but two goliath birdeater tarantulas. One is suppose to be a female and going to molt soon. Both will be getting upgraded homes. I am working on one now that is a 20 gallon long tank. I will get pictures up soon.

I also have a Emerald Skeleton, 2 Panama Blondes, a Venezuela Sun Tiger, a Mexican Fireleg, a Chaco Golden Knee, a Brazilian Black and a Chilean Copper. Anyone else have tarantulas? Share some pictures!!

2. trailchick

trailchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Well,
    We have native tarantulas here in SE Colorado and it is their migrating season.
    Since I am off work today I think I will go out south to see if any
    are traveling. Was a bit cold this morning so will have to wait till it
    warms up. They are so cool to see them all traveling in the same direction!

Cant wait for your pics! They are from S. America?

3. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    Ah, to have tarantulas just roaming your back yard is awesome. Yes, Burgundy Goliath Birdeaters are from South America. My girl molted last night which I've attached the picture of her molt. She was 6 inches before she molted. I won't be able to get pictures of her for at least a week. Need to give her time to harden up.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by