Tea Drinkers?

@Nabiki - color me jealous! I’ve been eyeballing an electric kettle for a while now. Hoping to surprise myself with a Christmas present this year. 😄
Zojirushi is a kind of expensive brand, but way worth it. Looking through my order history, I was very surprised to realize that my French press is 14 years old now. I love that thing. Stainless steel, double walled. I make a pot of tea, and two hours later, it's still hot.

1632193829570.png

My favorite tea since I was a young girl. Steep for only a minute or so. I put in 3 teaspoons of sugar. Because I like it sweet...

View attachment 2840910
My favorite tea since I was a young girl. Steep for only a minute or so. I put in 3 teaspoons of sugar. Because I like it sweet...
The tea snob is going to come out here. Bigelow's is some of the cheapest, crappiest tea around. They hide poor quality tea under spices and artificial flavours.

Teavana (Starbuck's tea division) does the same thing and overcharges for mediocre tea mixed with fruit and other things to hide the quality of the tea.

Edit: There's nothing wrong with you liking it, but you're probably liking the stuff they add to it rather than the tea itself.

So I have never in my life been a tea drinker. A handful of times I've taken a cup of plain Chamomile, but truthfully I am a coffee drinker more so than anything. But I feel like I'm missing out, particularly in regards to herbal teas. I think I've simply just not had a good cup of tea.

How do you take your tea? How much milk or sugar or honey goes into it? How do you brew/steep your tea, and what type of tea do you drink? I want to learn more and really give tea a chance, not just overly-sugared Southern sweet tea I am used to!

Thanks for any input!
I love unsweet tea!!! Big gallon glass jar, 3 black pekoe tea bags and let the sun work it's magic(occasionally I'll slip in a celestial seasonings raspberry zinger tea bag for a little twist. Never any sugar, lemon, or milk...

I pretty much only drink tea for medicinal reasons. If I was sick and had a sore throat, I would drink Traditional Medicinals throat coat or something. Maybe echinacea to boost the immune system. If I were to drink tea recreationally, just to enjoy the taste, I really love hibiscus. It's great as an iced tea and a spoonful of honey balances out the tangy flavor.

Back
Top Bottom