Tea for a cold?

Thyme tea - just take a small bunch of thyme and make a tea out of it - it is LOVELY!!!!! thyme will help unclog the nose and it soothes the throat, also (for the post nasal drip thing, and any coughing you might have).

hmm.... I am wondering if my thyme plant is big enough to snip some for tea... even without a cold that stuff rocks
big_smile.png

meri

Quote:
this is really good, but i cant stand the acv tste. here is mine: ds has a cold right now too

sore throat tea
2in peice of ginger
1/2 lemon
3c water
2tbsp honey
boil 3 cups of water, while its warming grate the ginger, then when the water starts boiling add the ginger, sweeze in the lemon juice and add the honey, turn down to a simmer for 15 min. strain it into a cup and drink.
that is from www.learningherbs.com
another easy tea cheap and at the grocery store is Celestial seasonings "Tenson Tamer" it has lots of herbals good for colds. or plain old Mint tea is great as well. you can even use the mint from the seasoning section if you need to.
also i make a tea with euclyptus leaf, marshmallow root and licorice root in it. and when everyone is stuffy i put tea tree oil in an oil burner in the room, clears your sinuses.

Back
Top Bottom