Teaching a Rooster.

Kmart it is then.lol.
lau.gif
What stations doe he prefer?!?!

Quick update on my Barred rock roster Wilf....he crowed this morning... well it was a weird sort of crow that was very out of tune and very low sounding.

I have just had it confirmed that my White Leghorn pullet is a rooster.
He gave him self up today by trying to mount one of the hens today, she was out of his league though, a fancy Wyandotte pullet!
He isn't very good at it i will admit, he came up to her side and grabbed the back of her head then attempted to jump on her but just fell over and ran off in embarrassment
lau.gif

I'm not really sure what to do with him now, I can in theory have a rooster but we are good friends with our neighbors and they are not keen on a rooster cowing before at least 6:30 of a morning. Is there any way I can train him not to crow or is it an inevitable thing that will happen? He is my very first hatched and raised chick so wouldn't be to keen on giving him away.
I read somewhere a couple of days ago on BYC that one member used dark out shade fabric on the windows and doors to the coop to fool her roosters. She said it worked that her roosters let her sleep in on the weekends! You might try it?
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom