#TeamCrossbeakAmber

Pics
How is Amber doing?
She is doing good. I've been gone for the past couple of weeks, so she's like she's changed some. Her beak needs to be filed again, which I had done just before I left, so I'm back in time to do it as needed. Amber is so friendly, yet so jumpy. It's weird. Normally my jumpy birds aren't friendly, just skittish. But not Amber. She loves hanging around me, but will jump easily. I think it's something to do with her being Special Needs, and possibly something due to the pecking order, sadly.

As far as pecking order, Amber is not the bottom though, and she does have a friend that she's always fighting with and winning against: Lilac, a.k.a. Thief. Lilac is also Special Needs. Instead of a crossbeak, she has crooked toes.

Ok, I'm not a 100% sure, but.... I'm thinking Amber might of laid her first egg today. I saw her hanging around the nest earlier, including going in, but this egg was outside of the coop. It's a very small egg, as you can see it in the picture below in the egg carton. I am thinking that the egg might be from Marvalo III, who's a little bit older than Amber because it had some white spots on it. I just wanted to share this just in case it is from Amber. (Some of the chicks that came with Amber are already laying including Twyla, an EE like her.) Something that does say that the egg might not be from Marvalo is Marvalo's eggs should be a slightly different shade of blue.

20220829_153921.jpg
20220829_154037.jpg

Ok, I'm not a 100% sure, but.... I'm thinking Amber might of laid her first egg today. I saw her hanging around the nest earlier, including going in, but this egg was outside of the coop. It's a very small egg, as you can see it in the picture below in the egg carton. I am thinking that the egg might be from Marvalo III, who's a little bit older than Amber because it had some white spots on it. I just wanted to share this just in case it is from Amber. (Some of the chicks that came with Amber are already laying including Twyla, an EE like her.) Something that does say that the egg might not be from Marvalo is Marvalo's eggs should be a slightly different shade of blue.

View attachment 3240619View attachment 3240621
It's gorgeous, congrats 👏 💖

how cool

I'm so happy for her! :love

Here's a picture of Amber's first egg in the frying pan yesterday. It's the smaller egg on the bottom. The triple and double yokers are Twyla's eggs. (Twyla is an EE that I got with Amber.) Amber's yoke was rich in color. Marvalo III laid an egg yesterday, and it was a different shade from Amber's, so that is Amber's first egg then. :yesss:
20220830_140916.jpg

(Sorry that this wasn't posted yesterday. I accidentally forgot to post it.)

Here's a picture of Amber's first egg in the frying pan yesterday. It's the smaller egg on the bottom. The triple and double yokers are Twyla's eggs. (Twyla is an EE that I got with Amber.) Amber's yoke was rich in color. Marvalo III laid an egg yesterday, and it was a different shade from Amber's, so that is Amber's first egg then. :yesss:
View attachment 3241554
(Sorry that this wasn't posted yesterday. I accidentally forgot to post it.)
i love it its so cute
and wow a triple yolk :th

Back
Top Bottom