Teenager refuses to kill her chicken for a class project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Wellllll then.. i would have done the same thing as you.
tongue.png

i understand you were not fully informed this was bad communication not all ag classes are bad ( im not saying your saying that ag classes are bad im just putting this out there ) i really hope not everyone from this thinks that ag classes in schools are bad some are very good and you learn alot from them i myself took animal science ( wouldnt be suprised if mine was run simaler to yours (do they use case papers in your ag class) minus the chicken processing we had to get permission slips for everytihng and if we didint want to do a disection we did a virtual disection ( i apologize if what i say is hard to read i have very bad dislexia )

Quote:
We deal with people all the time that have know idea where there food comes from. An many adults actually believe you can get meat without killing any animals. As seen in a newspaper post a few pages back. Unfortunately that is reality.

In response to this comment: "And it boggles me how anyone could see Food PRODUCTION and a passel of chickens and not at least have an inkling where it was going to end.".....wow, You havn't listened to any of my interviews. You couldn't be more mistaken.

I keep having to tell people:

THE CLASS SAID ANIMAL SCIENCE AND WAS A REQUIRED SCIENCE CREDIT....IT DID NOT SAY LIVESTOCK AND POULTRY PRODUCTION AT REGISTRATION. THERE WAS NO WARNING THAT THERE WOULD BE A SLAUGHTER PROJECT WHEN WE SIGNED UP FOR THE CLASS...chickens showed up a few weeks into it when it was too late to transfer....AND SORRY...NO ONE EXPECTS TO BE HANDED A KNIFE WITH 40 OTHER STUDENTS AND SLITTING CHICKEN THROATS AT SCHOOL IN TODAY'S WORLD

I was hoping to find more supportive conversation in a chicken forum. But, In the end, I bonded with my chicken and I couldn't kill him. I do know where food comes from. ...I fail to see how not wanting to take a life at school is a bad thing. I'm proud of myself. I hope my children think for themselves. I hope they are not sheeple...just do what they are told even if they know in thier hearts it is wrong. I hope they speak up for animals, elderly and children. I hope they are strong-minded and can be o.k. with themselves whether other agree with them or not.

Last edited:
Quote:
We deal with people all the time that have know idea where there food comes from. An many adults actually believe you can get meat without killing any animals. As seen in a newspaper post a few pages back. Unfortunately that is reality.

i could probably find a youtube interview about this if i look hard enough wich i may

You are on your own with that one Rebel Cowboy...I'm grateful that everyone I hang around has enough brain cells to where milk comes from.
wink.png

Quote:
Whitney,

I think the support is here but it is mixed in with a multitude of views. This is a chicken forum with members of all types and as many different reasons for raising chickens. Some of us have them as pets, even house pets. Some of us have them for eggs only. Some of us raise them for meat. Some of us reaise for many reasons. We have rabid vegans and rabid carnivores.
wink.png

Don't be discouraged. This is really a friendly place, just sometimes oppinionated (sp?). Be prepared for all views, some supportive and some not so supportive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom