Teensy Hatch Day 21 Now-Need Input, Veteran Hatchers...

It seemed like it took forever for my Orps to start laying after the moult and they took their time refeathering too. Blue Boy is still growing tail feathers and a few buff orps are still feathering in and aren't laying yet. My white silkies haven't looked worth a hoot for two months. They are just starting to get their beautiful feathers back and I may take some pics in another month.

Poor Lexie, she looks like she's had a run in with a vacuum cleaner. She'll be back to her beautiful self in no time. Dishevelled animals always make me smile, they look so embarassed about their apppearance.

Congrats on the chicks!
jumpy.gif
I sure hope that Lex gets her feathers back soon. She doesn't even look comfortable.

Here are a couple of grainy pics (bad bsmt lighting) of the new hatchlings. The BR baby has inherited its mom's "sex confusion gene" and is sending mixed signals, although Barred Rocks are usually a cinch to sex. The Orp is blue:
DCP_8739.jpg

DCP_8738.jpg

The newbies are on the left with their Ameraucana brooder mates.
DCP_8742.jpg

He/she is wonderful! The only problem is has is that when it's knocked on its back, it can't seem to flip back over very well. Fortunately, it seems to be having an easier time staying rightside-up now.

Back
Top Bottom