Tell me about your hatchery experiences..

I got some from Meyer hatchery back last June/July and all were happy and healthy when they arrived. I also suggest reading on that website because I added the meal maker to the cart at checkout thinking that it was some food or something for them but it was another chick. Definitely not complaining though just surprised. I guess I just overlooked it

I've ordered from MurrayMcMurray and Cackle multiple times with good results. Once from Meyers, and a couple of smaller hatcheries. Usually things go very well, although twice I've had several deaths, i think over shipping stress. The post office can get chicks here fast, unless they don't, and so that was a problem.
If possible, driving to a hatchery shortens the trip, and would be better. There's not a nearby hatchery here that has the birds I want, so that hasn't happened.
Feed stores might have chicks for you, but then again, likely not.
Cackle has BLRWyandottes, and they apparently split their genetics so you can get them, or the splash, or the black laced reds separately. Most hatcheries combine these colors, because they come from the same genetics, so if that matters, look at Cackle.
I like all the color variants, so don't really care anyway. And it's what you will get breeding them, if that's your plan.
Mary

I am ordering from meyer hatchery.. first time... a cousin is ordering some also and we r splitting the shipping.. the on breed she wants won't be read til June 22.. i hate to wait that long but I guess I will... tell me about your experience on ordering chicks..
I order from Meyer only. I’ve always gotten healthy chicks from them. Since I’m in Ohio I don’t have to worry about them suffering through a long trip from the hatchery.

I got some from Meyer hatchery back last June/July and all were happy and healthy when they arrived. I also suggest reading on that website because I added the meal maker to the cart at checkout thinking that it was some food or something for them but it was another chick. Definitely not complaining though just surprised. I guess I just overlooked it
Yep I added a map maker to my order also... I donate eggs all the time figured one more wouldn’t hurt..

I am ordering from meyer hatchery.. first time... a cousin is ordering some also and we r splitting the shipping.. the on breed she wants won't be read til June 22.. i hate to wait that long but I guess I will... tell me about your experience on ordering chicks..

I used My Pet Chicken.
I hope you have the same experience with Meyer.
I ordered from mpc and they were super supportive. They fulfilled my order through meyer hatchery, so was the same actual product in the end.

My cream legbar and a welsummer died soon after arrival likely from the stress of shipping. I tried everything I could and they didn't make it. The only thing that Meyer may have done differently that I could say for sure is the leg band was double wrapped on the cream legbar and her leg had to be in pain. I cut it off the moment she arrived but it was swollen and she was very agitated at that point, poor girl.

I did order 1 blrw from them as well and apparently there is a chance for a normal black laced red marking and that is what I got.

20200307_140457.jpg
20200308_175617.jpg

They assured me that she does carry the blr gene, in any case. 🤷‍♀️

I am Maryland right in the corner by PA and WV so that why I ordered from them they are fairly close a few hours away..

I grew up and still have family in Uniontown, Pa and Sang Run/Friendsville area. A beautifil area.

I ordered from mpc and they were super supportive. They fulfilled my order through meyer hatchery, so was the same actual product in the end.

My cream legbar and a welsummer died soon after arrival likely from the stress of shipping. I tried everything I could and they didn't make it. The only thing that Meyer may have done differently that I could say for sure is the leg band was double wrapped on the cream legbar and her leg had to be in pain. I cut it off the moment she arrived but it was swollen and she was very agitated at that point, poor girl.

I did order 1 blrw from them as well and apparently there is a chance for a normal black laced red marking and that is what I got.

View attachment 2051291 View attachment 2051292

I grew up and still have family in Uniontown, Pa and Sang Run/Friendsville area. A beautifil area.
I have read that they don’t breed true.. I am outside Friendsville. Small world. :)

View attachment 2051291 View attachment 2051292

Your first picture is identical to my 3 golden laced wyondottes

Back
Top Bottom