Tell me it's not true! Is that Canadian Pork Pie Miss_Jayne?

miss_jayne

Lady_Jayne
11 Years
Jun 26, 2008
Columbiaville, MI
um, of course it is!

i tried to post this earlier, but my internet connection is hinky & all wonky today. here's try number two. (my apologies to the Mods and Admin if i unintentionally double post.)

it's dreary and cold here, so we needed real comfort food.

so, Canadian Pork Pie it was! (and a whole pot of chicken and dumplings! figured i would kill two birds...or one bird and a pig...)

12425_hpim1196.jpg

12425_hpim1197.jpg

Pork Pie Serves 4-6 (Depending on how many starving nine year olds you have.)

1 lb. Ground Pork

2-3 Medium Potatoes (peeled and finely chopped)

1 Large Onion (finely chopped)

1/2 tsp. Cinnamon

1/2 tsp. Ground Cloves

Salt & Pepper to taste.

1 Double Pie Crust

Heat Oven to 350* F.

Brown pork in large frying/saute pan. Add potatoes and onion when meat is about half done.

While meat mixture is cooking, prepare double crust and place bottom crust in 9 inch pie plate.

Add seasonings and mix well.

Continue to cook meat mixture until meat is no longer pink, onions are translucent and potatoes are soft. Stir in seasonings.

Scoop meat mixture into pie plate and then top with upper crust. Crimp and seal the edges then cut a few slits in the top.

Bake at 350* F for about 1 hour, or until the crust is browned.

recipe here

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks really good, but I'll have to wait until later in the week to try it seeing how it was in the low 80s here today (and gorgeous!) WAY too hot to turn on an oven, that's for sure!
smile.png

Quote:
oh, sure! just throw the "it's in the 80's here" thing!
th.gif

it's pouring rain and freezing here. but the pie warmed our tummies right up!

Quote:
ahhh, you are correct. as Mahonri answered, click the link.

ravencreek...YOU'RE CRAZY! okay, of course you aren't
i would gather that you could try beef. you may have to fiddle with the spices. it would be more like a Shepard's Pie. but still yummy!

as far as a veggie version, i am not sure that it would be dry enough for pie, but who says you cannot try it and see?

Back
Top Bottom