Tell me something GOOD that happened to you today.

I posted about a week ago, that the most miserable person in the world gave notice.
HE CHANGED HIS MIND.
The good thing is, I am not going to let it bother me.
roll.png

He is not the only jerk I have to work with, I'll get over it.
UGH.

Quote:
Funny you should ask that because when I am down I look this topic up. Its nice to focus on good things and forget my crappy day.
I just made a pie and the meringue turned out fluffy, so today is lookin good!

Pie ALWAYS makes it a better day!

Yes, I have had some bad days lately, but I have been getting better at focusing on the good things. My family, bills getting paid, my health (despite my current cold), and the fact that I have next week off to spend with said family, cats and CHICKENS! They won't know what to do when they get to free range ALL DAY EVERY DAY next week. It'll be their best. Christmas. Ever.

Quote:
I had my really bad day on Sunday. The puppy we got two weeks ago had another seizure and died. My DH's 12-yo son was supposed to come spend the Christmas holiday with us, now his Mom said she's not going to let us pick him up (we had planned to do the round-trip from NC to MD this week, she choose Sunday to tell us she changed her mind).

BUT - I got home from a little bit of shopping today, and Santa's elves had fixed the bottom of our driveway where it was badly washed out. As I'm unemployed, and my DH's work is slow around the holidays, we were living with it until we get extra money later on. There were people working on the roads in our neighborhood, and they graded the worst of it out, and even put pavement on the lower 4'. I don't know if they had extra they needed to get rid of, or just felt really bad for us - but it was truly a wonderful thing to come home to. My DH tracked them down as they were putting their equipment up for the night and tipped them. I hope they know much it meant to us.

I actually got one of my 3 cantankerous printers to work! Yay!! I desperately needed to print out a couple pics for Xmas. Phew! I had been having such a fit with printers, one went bad, bought a new (used) one, it malfunctioned, so HP talked me into buying a new one and IT too malfunctioned! This has been so stressful, but finally I got the first one to print out the pictures I needed. $250+ later.
hmm.png

Quote:
I had my really bad day on Sunday. The puppy we got two weeks ago had another seizure and died. My DH's 12-yo son was supposed to come spend the Christmas holiday with us, now his Mom said she's not going to let us pick him up (we had planned to do the round-trip from NC to MD this week, she choose Sunday to tell us she changed her mind).

BUT - I got home from a little bit of shopping today, and Santa's elves had fixed the bottom of our driveway where it was badly washed out. As I'm unemployed, and my DH's work is slow around the holidays, we were living with it until we get extra money later on. There were people working on the roads in our neighborhood, and they graded the worst of it out, and even put pavement on the lower 4'. I don't know if they had extra they needed to get rid of, or just felt really bad for us - but it was truly a wonderful thing to come home to. My DH tracked them down as they were putting their equipment up for the night and tipped them. I hope they know much it meant to us.

Im sorry about your puppy
sad.png
hit.gif
hugs.gif
sorry bout DH's son no coming...
hmm.png

Everytime I see this thread, I try to think of something good that happened. Most of the time nothing good happens during the routine of my day.
Not real bad, just nothing worth noting good. My next day off of work is 1/31. I am looking forward to that day.

Good thing - a friend found a Giant Schnauzer female only 6 months old that needs a home in the country and I had been trying to find a nice Giant Schnauzer to act as a guardian dog for me and my animals. I had rude sales people barge into my house last Saturday night while I was alone and have been looking all over for a large dog to be my constant companion when I am home. I am so excited - we go pick her up just a 3 hour drive from here next week! I know there will be a lot of training, but she is already spayed and up on all her shots. Yay for me!!!

Finally go my floor put down in my family room today. Stuff has been sitting in my foyer for close to 2 years
hmm.png
Had to hire someone, but also sold my old horse trailer, so seems like it got it done for free.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom