Tell me something GOOD that happened to you today.

I have hired a housekeeper! You know, a cleaning lady... not a live-in "keeper" of my house.

I have needed one for my entire life but was too ashamed to "deal" with the fact that I am not a housekeeper. I am a home-owner, but not a "keep one clean" person. Y'all have NO IDEA how ecstatic I am about this!

Point one - my house will be clean. Point two - I will be providing income to someone. Point three - I won't be ashamed to invite co-workers I like to my house (eventually). Point four - If, and this is a very big "if" - I ever decide to... ummm... go out on a date, fer instance... I could perhaps invite my date inside for a cup of coffee. Or even maybe a longer visit. Ya never know. It could happen.

This wonderful woman didn't even run screaming out of the house. Nor did she make me feel at all uncomfortable about needing someone to clean for me. This is SO GOOD.

I am so happy for you. Back when we were both working and had better incomes, I've had someone to clean too. It's totally awesome. Enjoy!

We have this giant Sweet Gum tree in our front yard. It dropped a really big branch during the last dump of heavy wet snow. As the branch was falling, it took out several smaller branches. Today I had an Aborist come out for an appraisal. I was concerned about the general health of the tree and really hoping that it wouldn't have to come down. I was also really concerned about cost. But the good news is 1) the tree is healthy, just a little bit of easily treated fungus 2) although it will need to be thinned and treated, and will cost more than I have on hand, it will cost much less than I was afraid of 3) this aborist has the same pruning philosophy that I do and I was assured that I will not end up with a tree that has been ruined by a hack job (that so many tree services around here perform). So, I'm feeling good about this. Plus a friend is coming over tomorrow to chainsaw up the limb that is on the ground currently.
smile.png

I got to watch my first incubating chick embryo swim around in his little shell. :) And show it to my 5 year old brother. I think his reaction was even better than seeing it myself.
love.gif

Today, has not been a good day. I think I'm going to go crazy.

However, I heard some pleasing chattering on news radio this morning, something to do with manufacturing data and the Dow Jones... :ya

Back
Top Bottom