Tell me what I need to do for cleaning this coop

@Auntiejessi3

I took your advice :cool:...check this out! Wish me luck gonna get the little ones to try it tonight!
I put it higher since the littles ones can fly up there and the big ones can't as easily 🤞

Attachments

• 20230805_095430.jpg
    20230805_095430.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 29
@Auntiejessi3

I took your advice :cool:...check this out! Wish me luck gonna get the little ones to try it tonight!
I put it higher since the littles ones can fly up there and the big ones can't as easily 🤞
That's awesome! I waited till everyone went in to roost and got settled then lifted the littles up on there and left them be, they did it by themselves after the first night. Do let us know how it goes

I'm happy to report that the past 3 nights the girls have all put themselves in the coop and on their own roost!

The Bigs continue to get on their own roost. They haven't tried to get on the higher baby roost.

But I did put a piece of cardboard in between the 2 because the Bigs were trying to reach over and peck the Little. And to keep them from getting on it.

Sometimes the Littles will use the lower roost to jump on to their own.

It's working out great. Thanks again for the suggestion @Auntiejessi3 and everyone!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230811-052150_Ring.jpg
    Screenshot_20230811-052150_Ring.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 20
I'm happy to report that the past 3 nights the girls have all put themselves in the coop and on their own roost!

The Bigs continue to get on their own roost. They haven't tried to get on the higher baby roost.

But I did put a piece of cardboard in between the 2 because the Bigs were trying to reach over and peck the Little. And to keep them from getting on it.

Sometimes the Littles will use the lower roost to jump on to their own.

It's working out great. Thanks again for the suggestion @Auntiejessi3 and everyone!
I'm glad! 😊

Finally cleaned the coop today woof! Everything went well except after removing the straw and sweeping, I used the blower but the dust just blew around and around 🤷‍♀️. I might need to buy a shop vacuum with a brush for the next go around!

Liking the Zeolite in the poop tray though.

Love the freshly cleaned 'house' feel! The girls enjoying the new straw!

Attachments

• 20230903_162023.jpg
    20230903_162023.jpg
    605.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230903_162518.jpg
    20230903_162518.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 14

Back
Top Bottom