1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Tell me what this quail looks like to you.. Looks hyrbrid to me.

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Sunny the Hippie Chick, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Ok I took a look at ebay. And came across some button quail eggs for sale. But this button quail looks like it is part golden coturnix. Please take a look and tell me what you think. If it is so. Could we use the button quail to add more color to coturnix.

Im just looking for what other people think. Ive never seen that color of button quail.

http://cgi.ebay.com/6-Tiny-Fertile-...in_0?hash=item3a53415f6d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

2. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    It sure don't look like a button to me maybe they put up the wrong picture

3. Thats what I was thinking. But the bird does have white on its throat. Golden Coturnix dont, do they.
    They say they are speckled. I dont know if they are talking about the birds or the eggs. And they say they have carmel button quail too. I thought those were not available in the U.S.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  4. Any body else have any idead if they put the wrong picture on the auction. Or if this guy looks like a hybrid. Im so curious. I think I may write to the seller.

5. Ironsun

Ironsun Chirping

Jun 17, 2009
    Cumbria
    Hi,

I think this is just a mistake too. To my knowlege there has been no recorded hybrid of these two species.

Ironsun

6. fitzy

fitzy Songster

Aug 25, 2009
    manhattan, ks
    whatever it is, it looks kinda cool!

7. JJMR794

JJMR794 Crowing

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    They Look Like Button Babies To Me... As Far As The Colors They Claim---- I Always Take Anything I Read Off Of Ebay With A Grain Of Salt... What They Think Or Call A Speckled May Be Wild, Or Carmel Maybe Be Known As Another Color In The Real Quail World If You Know What I Mean?

I Get Eggs Off Of Ebay--- Have In The Past, And Continue To Do So. The Best Advice I Can Tell You Is Buyer Beware. I'm Sure You All Have Tried It As Well And Basically What They Tell You May Or May Not Be True And/or Correct For Any Number Of Reasons..

8. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:Looks like button babies to me too, maybe they did post the wrong pic, and have already changed it?

9. kingmt

kingmt Songster

May 1, 2009
    Mason WV
    Yep. That isn't the same picture.

10. quailbrain

quailbrain Songster

Mar 26, 2009
    Oregon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by