Tell Us About Yourself

Ricklo:

Thank you for sharing your testimony with us, praise God you came to Him. Just goes to show the power of prayer. I praise God for your sister, I'm sure you do too.
clap.gif

ARGGGGG!!!!!!

I wasn't going to say it, and I wasn't going to say it, and I wasn't going to say it, but now I am.....

Not everyone here shares the same religious beliefs. This is not church or Sunday school. I realize this is the Me, My Chickens, My Family topic; but I'm getting to the point where I feel that I can't read any thread without feeling like I'm being preached at.

Thank you for sharing your testimony with us, praise God you came to Him. Just goes to show the power of prayer. I praise God for your sister, I'm sure you do too.clap

Testify, witness, preach, pray....you are making, me, an non-Christian feel unwelcome here.

I don't think this is anyone's intention, but it keeps cropping up on many threads. Please be sensitive to those who don't share your beliefs. I feel like I don't want to post to this thread, because I don't want anyone to know anything about me. I'm sad.

edited for spelling​

Last edited:
Thank you mom'sfolly for bringing this up. I feel somewhat the same way. I'm not sure that anyone really means to preach at us. Christians are just so eager to tell us how right their way is and how much it would benefit us to follow their path. It just doesn't occur to them to understand that the path we follow is the right one for us. Your, and my remarks won't be popular here, but this is a very diverse board, I see a lot of racial, cultural and religious differences here, and maybe some others should talk a little about theirs, to give the rest of us some background and open our minds to other things.

mom'sfolly :

ARGGGGG!!!!!!

I wasn't going to say it, and I wasn't going to say it, and I wasn't going to say it, but now I am.....

Not everyone here shares the same religious beliefs. This is not church or Sunday school. I realize this is the Me, My Chickens, My Family topic; but I'm getting to the point where I feel that I can't read any thread without feeling like I'm being preached at.

Thank you for sharing your testimony with us, praise God you came to Him. Just goes to show the power of prayer. I praise God for your sister, I'm sure you do too.clap

Testify, witness, preach, pray....you are making, me, an non-Christian feel unwelcome here.

I don't think this is anyone's attention, but it keeps cropping up on many threads. Please be sensitive to those who don't share your beliefs. I feel like I don't want to post to this thread, because I don't want anyone to know anything about me. I'm sad.​

Speaking for myself, my faith is part of who I am and it comes up in a forum like "Tell Us About Yourself". I never required you to agree. We all have differing opinions/beliefs. The trick of an open forum like this is to be respectful of differences and not try to shut down anyone else. I'm sorry you feel so offended & alienated, but I'm not shaking my finger at you for NOT putting God in your description of who you are, if you posted one. So please don't shake your finger at people who share the same faith bonding for a moment. There's other discussion going on also.​

Hi everyone. I am new here. Not too sure I belong on this site but stumbled across it when I saw some information about a medical issue.
I live in the city. My kids are grown. Other than my two maternity leaves, I have always worked outside the home. I have been a single Mom for 20+ years. My kids and I are very closed and I have two beautiful grandchildren.
Not sure what anyone else wants to know but if you're curious, ask me. If I am not comfortable with the question, I will say so.

I'm not getting in the middle of this...

just wanted to say that the "form" dangerouschicken posted when she started this thread was the one I tried to stick with since those were the things she asked for specifically.

Her form allows one to indicate religious affiliation, and an indication is plenty good enough for getting to know each other.

For genealogy --

you can use the Internet exclusively to find information about your family!

I just now typed in "(my last name) Genealogy" in Google search and got 905,000 results.

I started some years ago by going to several genealogy forums and searching for and posting about the surnames I was interested in.

From those forums I connected with actual relatives who are also researching my surnames.

We became a close group over the years, and share every detail we discover.

Many Census Records have been released and can be viewed online too.

PM me if you need help!

There are obviously a lot of people on here who are involved in religion and for whom it is important. I am not one of those people but that does not mean it bothers me when others are open about their faith. As someone has said, this thread is about "yourself" and if religion figures for you then you should be able to say so.
I have no religious beliefs but am very happy with myself and my life. I think that we can all get along and that it is interesting to read about other people's lives. No one should feel threatened by what other people have to say about themselves nor should that stop you posting about yourself.

Back
Top Bottom