Tempe,AZ homeowners association

OMG i so feel for you i lived in az for 45 years and finally decided to sell and move it was like a living in a prison camp i got fined for having my muddy shoes on doorstep and i didnt live in hoa,MOVE MOVE MOVE seriously i did moved to small town in country in tn and im soooooo happy i can leave my muddy shoes outside door and not get a $250 fine, truthfully some people need to get a hobby they have to much time to complain.
best of luck

There are no laws or ordinances against muddy shoes on your doorsteps; if you weren't in an HOA (and that is a more stringent rule than I've ever heard of).

Tempe's Code Compliance officers only investigate when a complaint to a legitimate code is filed.

Quote:
I've lived in Phoenix/Glendale for 43 years now (AZ native) and love it here. I've never heard of anyone being fined for anything unreasonable here, including muddy shoes or anything else left on a doorstep. I live in the middle of an Arizona city and have 13 hens (legally). HOAs are prohibitive no matter which state you live in.

Quote:
well that makes NO sense.. it says 40 in one line and 75 in the other and they both say basically the same thing!!!!

I called Animal control about this very thing. I wanted to know exactly what they consider a coop.

A coop is something you house the chickens in. I asked them if all I had was something with a roof and no sides would that be considered a coop?

She said if it was something that they could go under like a board or something to get out of the weather and it didnt have sides then its not considered a coop.

This is one way to get around the 75' rule.

Hope this helps.

when i lived in peoria they were horrible if a neighbor called they would come out and if they came out 2 times or more you got a fine they even used a ruler for the neighbors yard on a few weeds they were 13" 3 to be exact when i lived in phoenix we never had problems at all

I have a rental home in Gilbert, AZ and we get complaints from the HOA about what our tenant is doing. For example, he cannot change his car oil in the driveway, must take the trash bin in the same day trash is collected, and must mow the lawn. Ridiculous! I live in an HOA neighborhood in CA and don't even get complaints for my chickens in my small backyard. And I won't complain about my neighbor having 3 dogs when the limit is 2.

HOA's are the very devil, in my not so humble opinion. When we went looking for a house the first thing we considered was wether or not it was in an HOA. We're happily moving to a HOA free house in Mesa, and looking forward to getting us some chickens.
smile.png

Quote:
How are the gun laws?

Here or in Tempe? Dunno about Tempe but we can have 'em here as long as you register.

There is no registration of firearms anywhere in AZ.
Maybe you are thinking about concealed carry and a CCW.

Back
Top Bottom