Temperatures making me crazy!

I siad "TAKE TWO OUT", not "ADD ONE MORE!"
smack.gif

Well out of the 4, I now have 2. One is the Brinsea glass , and the other is a digital thermometer with humidity. The spot check was in a homemade wiggler, and the temps varied like crazy. The other digital was 0.5 degrees to low. The keeper dig and the glass seemed to match all the time. Finally!

Kathy there must be something wrong with mine. I've had it 2 years now, and never could rely on it.

I take that back about the spot check. I've been testing it, and it seems to be right. It reads higher than my walmart thermometer, maybe that's why my last 2 hatches were early. The hatches were good, but it may be because the temp was a bit high.

Do you just hang it by the eggs?

Yes, I just hang it by the eggs. I didn't like it in the HovaBator, because how it keeps changing and stuff. I know what you are talkin' about. I have it in the Sportsman, and it doesn't change .... except for a .1 or .2 every once in awhile. The Hovabator ... because the temp changes all the time, it drove me crazy, checkin' it all the time. Finally, I just left it in the one spot, and it seemed to do better.

Kathy, I'm trying not to obsess anymore after reading the egg story about the eggs that were bowling balls, frozen, dropped, etc. My 2 glass thermometers are reading 100 degrees this morning. I think I may have hit stability!

Back
Top Bottom