Temperatures making me crazy!

seminolewind

Flock Mistress
Premium Feather Member
15 Years
Sep 6, 2007
Corydon, Indiana
I have run my bator for days. 3 thermometers agree for 3 days. I put my eggs in. Now NO thermometer agrees with the other. I just can't seem to get it where I want it now. Why is fate doing this to me?

I had the exact same problem. I even went out and bought another thermometer to double check the first three. I found that after eggs were added I had a cool spot in the incubator. After first candling I moved out the clears and vacated that corner. Now everything is looking good. What incubator are you using? I am using an LG.

Last edited:
Hi,

I just started a set of eggs and had to do some adjusting today I have two glass thermometers in there right now I also had a spot check from brinsea but it was the one that kept showing a different temperature so I pulled it out and now have the two glass ones almost matching. I am hoping after the first day or two the up and down of temperature will stop.

Take out two thermometers.
gig.gif

My Brinsea spot check always shows a different temperature. So I just got a really small cup with a lid, drilled a hole, put water in the cup, cut the finger off a latex glove, inserted the thermometer in the glove finger and put it in the water. I haven't checked it yet. I have 2 digital thermometer/hygrometers in there, and they read about 0.7 difference.

Oooookay, now I have 2 digitals with humidity, one glass thermometer, and the spot check in the cup of water. That should do it!

Back
Top Bottom