Temporarily attaching temp coop to temp run?

i was looking at the same ecoflex but was put off by the ventilation situation. Also, did you add hinges to the roof? or any other place so you can easily clean out the coop? That was a huge issue ppl have with this. If we buy it, i will use some concrete blocks to life it off the ground. Great hacks! Thanks for the inspiration! Can you post some pics of the inside and front?
I literally just came in from cleaning it out. Could have gotten some great pics. Lemme see what I can get.

There’s not really a way to hinge the top with the way I have the ventilation set up

i was looking at the same ecoflex but was put off by the ventilation situation. Also, did you add hinges to the roof? or any other place so you can easily clean out the coop? That was a huge issue ppl have with this. If we buy it, i will use some concrete blocks to life it off the ground. Great hacks! Thanks for the inspiration! Can you post some pics of the inside and front?
Here's the inside with most of the roof removed. The roof is three panel pieces that slide into channels on the side wall caps. The caps are fixed to the side walls and in my case, they help secure the hardware cloth covering the extra ventilation holes I cut in.

So there's not a good way to add hinges to the top easily with out more heavy modifications.

1691699491103.png

1691699737534.png

Its not much work to unscrew the anchor for the front most roof panel and just slide the panels out to get at the inside to clean.

1691699829288.png

Other mods I did were to add a fan to the one side. Its plugged into a wifi controlled outlet and is set to come on automatically if the local temp gets above 80 degrees. Its supposed to be dust proof and waterproof. Still currently runs with no issues. The girls like to sit on top of the nest box in front of it when its on during the day.

1691699925589.png

I also added a latch to the nest box and the front door. When I was planning on keeping it outside the run, I knew I had to beef up the security of the coop. Now anything trying to get at the girls will need to get thru the pen and the coop to get to them. We've seen racoons, possums, local feral cats and skunks circling around at night so far.

1691700210631.png

1691700233453.png

The eye bolt holds the latch up out of the way when the door is open.

1691700262043.png

Let me know if you have any other questions or need any other pics.

We are getting our 8x12 shed/coop delivered hopefully in the next week or two. Then need to build a permanent run attached to it. Once the girls are moved into their permanent digs, I might use this set up to raise a half dozen meat birds.

Back
Top Bottom