Temporary Cover outside

Chickaliciously

Hatching
8 Years
Dec 16, 2011
I have 6 - 4 week old chicks in an aviary with a 250W red heat lamp in my garage. I really want to move them outside into a covered patio with their heat lamp. Are they too young?

Heck... they probably only need the lamp at night now depending on where you are at.

Welcome to BYC.

What are the day and nite time temps where you are at now? Is the covered patio secure from predators? I have chicks outside now that have no heat during the day, and only a 75 wt bulb at night... But my nite temps have been in the upper 50s low 60s... day temps have been 70-80s... Week olds out side .... Literally outside in their own little run...

Mine were outside with just a light at night by that age and we have much colder temps than you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got 2 Americaunas, 1 silver laced, 1 golden laced wyandottes, 1 barred rock, 1 red star.

Also in the family is an almost 10 year old boy who is loving this chick experience and a Chocolate Labradoodle also very interested in the girls. Have not let her even so close as to smell the girls.

Got the chicken nipples for watering but it is leaking making the pine shavings wet. Need to fix that problem, but want to get the girls outside. Should make clean up easier.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom