Tennessee

I am in south central Tennessee. Between waynesboro And lawrenceburg. Nice to see other tennesseans on here. I am attempting to hatch out muscovys at the moment. Well they are still incubating lol on day 13. Hatched chicks a few weeks ago to add to my flock. I am just starting with poultry as an adult. But jumping right in lol. Anyway nice to meet all of you.
NIce to meet you too, and welcome to BYC!

I am in south central Tennessee. Between waynesboro And lawrenceburg. Nice to see other tennesseans on here. I am attempting to hatch out muscovys at the moment. Well they are still incubating lol on day 13. Hatched chicks a few weeks ago to add to my flock. I am just starting with poultry as an adult. But jumping right in lol. Anyway nice to meet all of you.
I am also starting as an adult. I jumped right in and didnt look back. Havent had the quite a year yet and already hatched 2 clutches. went from 7 hens and a roo to about 30 (lazy dont wanna recount after i sold some)

I am also starting as an adult. I jumped right in and didnt look back. Havent had the quite a year yet and already hatched 2 clutches. went from 7 hens and a roo to about 30 (lazy dont wanna recount after i sold some)
lol lets see I have 16 2 week old, 17 5week olds and 6 10 week olds. Plus 3 ducks. So a total of 42 birds and muscovys in the incubator. I love going and watching these lovely critters play around and do their thing. It's peaceful. Now when it is time as it may sound harsh the extra Roos will go in the bellies of my family. They will be thanked very much.

Last edited:
lol lets see I have 16 2 week old, 17 5week olds and 6 10 week olds. Plus 3 ducks. So a total of 42 birds and muscovys in the incubator. I love going and watching these lovely critters play around and do their thing. It's peaceful. Now when it is time as it may sound harsh the extra Roos will go in the bellies of my family. They will be thanked very much.
Now that I'm not so beat.... I have 7 RIR hens, 1 GLW rooster, 9 GLW 5/6 weeks olds, 4 RIR 5/6 week olds, 3 GLW over RIR 4/5 week olds, 3 GLW over RIR 1 week olds, and 18 GLW over RIR 1 week old (those ones are for sale)
Also planning on 2-5 guinea keets, 10 or so Nankins, Maybe a trio or quad of Pheonix or Yokohama, and another laying breed flock of about 10 or so, And expanding a mixed laying flock to about 15-20

Our limit as of now with the coops and room we have is about 100-150 chickens

I'm not sure if we are going to sell our extra roos or process them. I don't have an issue with it but DH has a bit of an issue with eating an animal he has grown to know. My thing is, at least I know where it came from, what it ate, and how it was treated.

Last edited:
Now that I'm not so beat.... I have 7 RIR hens, 1 GLW rooster, 9 GLW 5/6 weeks olds, 4 RIR 5/6 week olds, 3 GLW over RIR 4/5 week olds, 3 GLW over RIR 1 week olds, and 18 GLW over RIR 1 week old (those ones are for sale)
Also planning on 2-5 guinea keets, 10 or so Nankins, Maybe a trio or quad of Pheonix or Yokohama, and another laying breed flock of about 10 or so, And expanding a mixed laying flock to about 15-20

Our limit as of now with the coops and room we have is about 100-150 chickens

I'm not sure if we are going to sell our extra roos or process them. I don't have an issue with it but DH has a bit of an issue with eating an animal he has grown to know. My thing is, at least I know where it came from, what it ate, and how it was treated.
Lol more birds is better I say. I agree with knowing where your food came from. It may be a bit hard but I think processing the extra Roos is what is best for my family. I want some quineas to eat these dang ticks in my front yard!!!

Lol more birds is better I say. I agree with knowing where your food came from. It may be a bit hard but I think processing the extra Roos is what is best for my family. I want some quineas to eat these dang ticks in my front yard!!!
that's what I'm getting them for. I've found so many ticks on my kids already and having hay and straw around doesn't help. I have a guy that sells the for 3.50 each at the flea market in franklin.

Last edited:
that's what I'm getting them for. I've found so many ticks on my kids already and having hay and straw around doesn't help. I have a guy that sells the for 3.50 each at the flea market in franklin.
thats not bad considering hatchery price. I have been trying to find guinea eggs to incubate. Of course now I have to wait till June when my muscovys hatch. But I was originally looking for those when I found my duck eggs. Muscovys eat a lot of different bugs too. Maybe they will cut down on the tick population.

thats not bad considering hatchery price. I have been trying to find guinea eggs to incubate. Of course now I have to wait till June when my muscovys hatch. But I was originally looking for those when I found my duck eggs. Muscovys eat a lot of different bugs too. Maybe they will cut down on the tick population.
moscovys are VERY good for mosquitoes. Which is actually how they got their name. But not sure about ticks

Back
Top Bottom