Tennessee

Welcome, I just got started with a bantam rooster, he's a beauty! He was being picked on and had an injury on his leg , he' healed well and I think BrandyJK is going to give me a cochin hen on Saturday. She said that the hen wouldn't do well with other pullets, bit would go well with the rooster. This might be a crazy question, but is one hen enough for the rooster??

Welcome, I just got started with a bantam rooster, he's a beauty! He was being picked on and had an injury on his leg , he' healed well and I think BrandyJK is going to give me a cochin hen on Saturday. She said that the hen wouldn't do well with other pullets, bit would go well with the rooster. This might be a crazy question, but is one hen enough for the rooster??
yes 1-10 is fine, no more for 1 roo if you're concerned with fertility

Last edited:
Did you spread some more SFH love again?
big_smile.png
wink.png

Yes m'am! I love those Swedes! She got the one I did surgery on. She had been in the house so long that I just couldn't let her go out into the wildness in my back pasture. She healed up perfectly.

Should be fine... just watch her for getting 'worn out'... if need be, you can get a hen apron/saddle for her or separate them with wire for a bit to give her some recovery time... might be just fine though, try it and see... you could always add some more girls later... :)

Back
Top Bottom