Tennessee

Pics
Quote:
OK, either no one in Middle TN is reading right now or you all have kids in the tournament and I'm the enemy.....

Is there anyone around the Columbia/ Spring Hill area that can point me toward some local attractions/restaurants?

Quote:
First off, try photobucket.com (it's what I use) and once your pic is up there, you can hit "share" and then use the code with
wink.png

Secondly, boys get "sex feathers" which is a curly feather (just one) at the base of their tail. curls straight up and back towards their head.

Also, if you have a good ear, girls have a rhaspier "quack"... their vocal cords are built different.

Other than that... the girls will lay eggs.
lol.png

Good luck!!!

Oh and my favorite brown layer is a Delaware. (I'm always pushing the Del, ain't I?) I really enjoy all my birds, though... minus a couple of breeds I can live without, but don't hate.
Your good brown egg layers (no hybrid list) are going to be:
RIR, NH, Plymouth Rocks, Delawares, Buckeyes, Orpington, Australorps

Somewhere online I saw a site that ranked the "rate of lay" for these and many more breeds. Maybe try google.

Last edited:
Hey fellow Tennesseans; Philip here between Pegram and Ashland City just North West of Nashville. I just started raising my chicks this spring after many decades without. I have a small flock of White Leghorns that have been rolling out the eggs for about a month now; 15 henny pennys in that run. Opposite the coop are the Buff Orpingtons and Standard Dark Brahmas. Hoping to work up some small breeding flocks with a few interesting breeds. Ok, the Leghorns aren’t that interesting but wow can they put out the eggs. Everything is going well so far with one exception due to my lack of experience; I’m short a Buff Orpington Roo. I have an extra Leghorn and Brahma roo each and would love to trade (Or donate the Leghorn) for a BO cockerel or roo. Anyway, Hello Neighbors

Hello TN!! I currently live right outside of Asheville, NC and the hubby and myself are considering a move to the Nashville area so he can go back to school. I've visited Nashville a couple times, but have no familiarity with the area. We're looking to buy somewhere between MTSU and Nashville, hopefully more towards the Nashville side.

Do any of you guys have any suggestions for farming communities somewhere in that vicinity? Need to have a place I can keep my girls, not toooo far out in the country, but not too close to the city either. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

I live 15 mins. from Nashville in Joelton on 7 ac with a pond, I love it here. My daughter live in Whitehouse and the schools are real good. Come on down!
frow.gif

Quote:
try rutherford county......its just below nashville which is davidson county......mtsu is in murfreesboro which is also in Rutherford county...my sister in law lives in Eagleville...she has horses, chickens, ducks and a goat.....as long as you are in the county you can have some farm animals....don't think you can in the boro...or just outside Smyrna in the county....now Smyrna has all kinds of stores for shopping....the boro has whats called 5th ave lots of shopping!!!.....I work in Smyrna and have lived there.....it's inbetween Nashville and the Boro
big_smile.png
hope that helps.....I live in Manchester which might be too far south for you!!! good luck!

Back
Top Bottom