Tennessee

Pics
Quote:
I think it's high time you got in touch with them. You shouldn't let friends fall by the wasteside! Call them up. While you are talking, give them my email and ask them to send pics.
wink.png

I keep buying these and getting skinny birds, birds with WAY too many points on the comb, birds with no barring, birds with black down their back, birds with sprigs! AGH!
I got a friend who is working the shows for me and digging up some NICE Dels for me. I hope that works out... I'm sure that will. I can't wait!

Apparenly broodiness is catching again at our place. A welsummer, two silkie-cochin crosses and a columbian rock bantam have decided to attempt to go broody. Before I break out the broody-breaking cages and throw a bunch hens in chicken jail, does anyone in the Knoxville area have hatching eggs that I just can't resist? I would be most interested in large fowl cochins, welsummers, or marans but you never know what might seem appealing. I'm not really looking for mixed eggs or break the bank eggs. Let me know what you might have neighbors. Thanks!

HI all, I live in white Pine,Tn and my hens are not laying well. I'am getting 2 eggs out of 13. Do you all think it is the heat???? There not broodie or molting... Thanks

If I had to stay outside during this sweltering weather, I wouldn't put myself into the strain of laying eggs..My poor hens walk around with their wings raised, panting...I feel so sorry for them. (But not enough to bring them into the house
lau.gif
)

I have a strange looking for request.My oldest son-mildly autistic lost his best friend last Thursday.He raised this cat on a bottle and for 10 years that darn cat only liked him..but everyone misses him and his quirky ways.So,I'm looking for a new family member but more like the other cat...sweet,loving likes to be hung around a kids neck and go for walks,play games and snuggle on a bed at every opportunity.Only young cats and kittens need to apply any race or sex.It's a lifer here and I can't do another funeral in the near future...lost him same day as a beloved family member.
I'm putting it on here and not the wanted boards since my DH will hang me if I travel too far for a cat...chickens are fine but a cat
idunno.gif
now if you have something like an exchequer leghorn pullet or silver laced polish that needs a home with kitty...

Quote:
i'm probably further than you want to come for a kitten, but i've got 3 11-week olds that need good homes. 2 are orange tabbies and one is kinda like an orange tabby that's been washed out (it's more white than anything). i can't remember which are which, but i'm pretty sure there are 2 males and 1 female. one of the orange tabbies (which i'm pretty sure is male) is polydactyl (has extra toes on his front paws). they've not been handled a TON, but they aren't really people shy and they aren't aggressive. their dad was my dear departed Fig and he was a TOTAL lover- he wanted to be physically attached to me pretty much all the time. hopefully these babies will grow up like their daddy.

they have been tested for feline leukemia, of which they are negative, but haven't had any shots because we don't believe in forcing that decision on people (and we only do rabies shots around here anyway). they are free to good homes.

Back
Top Bottom