Tennessee

Pics
Quote:
I'm not, since I don't need layers or standard birds. But I did think about sending the info to a friend. She's anxiously awaiting the approval for city birds. She probably wouldn't buy any since they haven't been approved yet though.

I'd go if I'd be permitted to sell a trio of PQ goldneck d'Uccles and a buff silkie...

Quote:
hatch, hatch, hatch!!!!

i mean, ummmm.... don't hatch them cause then there will just be MORE temptations.

YOU DON'T EAT EGGS AT ALL? how many chickens do you have again?

I'm nearing 200 now. (eeekkk) I just love my birds. I HATE eggs! BLUCK! I give my mother all the eggs she wants, and sell a few to friends... most of them are being bred and so I sell the eggs for hatching.

I do need to sell about 20 or so rooster or eat them, so that should bring the number down a bit.

Quote:
I'm taking my daughter who's going into the 3rd grade. The Blount county extension office is going to let her do a poultry project a year earlier then usual, so we're going to see what to expect next year.

Any duck people near Knoxville (all the way down to Chattanooga?) or between here and lexington? I have a duck with an injured leg....not sure what is wrong but it has been wrong with it for a good month now. I tried isolation in a small hutch with extra brewers yeast....no change. She can get around but has a major limp. I live on a big hill and she is really struggling to get up and down the hill with the others. She is a 9-10 week old black Runner duck......she needs somewhere flat to live.

Quote:
I will be at the Jefferson county chick chain show and sell this sat.Barred Rocks there also.Lou

What's a chick chain show?

Chick Chain is the program that allows 4H students to pay a small deposit and obtain 12 or 25 1-day-old pullets (breed is determined by the local Ag Extension Office; Grainger and Jefferson County did BR, Blount County did RSL and BSL) The kids get the chicks in February and raise them until this time of year. Then they have a show and sale/auction where each student selects their six best looking pullets, show them and then auction them. The proceeds from the auction refund the deposit and any extra goes toward purchasing the next year's chicks.

Quote:
We placed third in the state....pretty good considering there are were over 80 leagues from nine districts represented. On the down side, I couldn't figure out why no one would reply to my requests for things to do in Columbia until I got there. They weren't ignoring me, there just isn't anything with 30 miles of the town. It was bar-none the finest Little League complex I've ever seen, but when it's the crowning landmark of the town, there's a problem.

Back
Top Bottom