Tennessee

Yah doing happy rain dance. Got my birthday wish for today. RAIN.
big_smile.png

Ok everyone! I'm collecting my Delaware eggs to hatch. Using two styrofoam 'bators... so let's hope nothing happens.

(I'm working on saving up for a cabinet style incubator... stick with me, folks... we'll get there)

I think we all need to start thinking cooler weather. This 99 into 100 temps for this long is ENOUGH. I am not even locking up the coop so chickens can keep cooler at night. I feel like I am back in South FL after a hurricane. Only thing this has been a month of this already.

Hmm thinking of how to do a cooling down dance.
wink.png

You know last summer I left my roosting house open every night to keep them cooler, but since reading all the horror stories on here about predators, I've been shutting them up around 11:00. I apologize (as if they can understand me).

yep, my chickens are coooooking. I think i can just leave eggs outside and they will incubate on their own.

However, I am trying to downsize. I have 3 BROODY BROODY girls available, Leghorn/Giant crosses, just under a year old. 2 RIR hens approximately 1 year old, 1 splash andalusian pullet, 2 red sex link pullets, 1 cochin/RIR pullet. All these pullets are near laying.

anyone interested in anything? In West Knoxville area.....going to Madisonville sale saturday 8/7 and hopefully 8/21, but not bringing these girls unless someone wants to meet there. Will be going up to Lexington KY on the 75 on 8/14 and can meet, and on the 40 east to Inman, SC on 8/21 if someone wants to meet.

Lots of other stuff available too.........mostly bantams, cochins and d'uccles, lots of colors, pairs or roosters available.

Anyone else going to the Madisonville sale this weekend?

Back
Top Bottom