Tennessee

If anyone in the middle of the state likes old english bantams I have a bunch of young birds for sale. They are out of a blue splash roo,and a quail hen,and a blue golden hen and a crele hen. So they are are all colors! Going to make some nice looking birds. $3 each.Also the parents are for sale for $8 each.
If you like larger type bantams I have some young birds that are out of white rock,barred rock and buff rock bantams. These are all crosssed too. Also getting $3 each on theses. They will make great layers of nice size eggs and chunky little bantams!

Quote:
I'm planning on being there to pick up some "banties" for an elderly couple in Walland. I'm waiting to hear from them on how many they're wanting...I may PM/email you later this evening or tomorrow if they're interested in cochins or d'uccles.

I'll be their... going to be bringing Justin some "banties" lol
tongue.png
and bringing as many other birds that I can fit. I have GOT to make some room... they keep growing!

I haven't fully decided on a few but I KNOW I will be bringing my last three Bantam Delaware cockerels, two buff sebrights, a few of my bantam red cochin boys, and I'll bring standards if someone wants to speak up and have me deliver them. Just PM me what you are looking for... honestly, it simpler than me typing the long list of breeds out.

Anywho. Sellers... be there EARLY (like 7am) it's a whirlwind and pretty much over by 8:30.

PS. The Delawares I set (since people keep asking me for birds vs eggs) are still in their first week but the temp and humidity is dead on so far... just keeping those interested posted on how it's going. I'll let you know what the candling looks like when we get to that step. If you are interested PM me. I know a couple of you have asked before....

This heat has put a stop on laying. I got 5 eggs yesterday and most days I get 10.

Yesterdays late storm helped alot on cooling it down. We had alot of wind and then lots of big lightening. Really got worried about fires there till rain hit and hard. Bad news is it will be back in high 90's low 100s this next week.

Yep, I am getting very few eggs a day. I think I got 6 yesterday. I don't even know how many "layers" I have these days. A LOT. Quite a few broodies too. Darn chickens.

I don't blame them for not wanting to lay in the heat.

Only my newbie layers have seemed to slow down... not too much at all though. My professional veterans don't even seem to notice the weather... but it also helps a bit that all my coops right now are in the woodline and just a 40inch mowing stripe behind the runs, so they are practically in the woods. It helps.

I got to mention this because they need to find homes.... I still have three standard size Barnevelder cockerels who need to find homes with hens. lol. They are gorgeous birds but I have 4 total and two hens... so I really don't need 4 roosters.

Also, I know I said I don't take standard roosters to these trades because you can't "screen" people before they buy, but got three blue Andalusians that I need to go since I don't have ANY blue andie hens. They are very "active" in the reproductive issues and need some hens that they are allowed to "love".

PM me if you are interested. If you can't make it to the trade on time... I only live 10-15 minutes away from where they have it, so I could meet you there whenever is best for you.

Hope to see alot of you tommarrow morning!

Do you have luck at these with bantam roosters? I have tons of bantam cochins, but don't want to waste bringing them instead of pairs if they aren't going to sell. I had planned on asking $20 per pair for my d'uccle pairs and bantam cochin pairs. They are all about 4 months old? Since you have been there before, do you think that is fair? I really need to downsize and don't want to scare off buyers, but all chicken money is going to my plane ticket for my vegas trip, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom