Tennessee

I looked in on my broody hen today and the eggs that were supposed to be chicks tomorrow are chicks today! She was on 9 eggs and 8 have hatched. She is still covering the 9th egg. I love broodies.

Hey Gina!
Down here in Finger,TN. My broody silkie hatched a pile of eggs, ( I took the chicks)and went right back onto the nest and is working on it again! Trying to build more coops and runs to keep up with the growing chicks! We have Buff Orpingtons, Barred Rocks, Rhode Island Reds, Polish, Silkies, Delawares, a few Cochins, and Lt. Brahmas(working on getting together a flock). Hope all is well up your way. Deb

Newbie Vanessa here again--thanks to the folks that wrote to me about Lebanon. I am not thrilled about moving back into a town, but my soon-to-be husband owns a house in Lebanon, and mine is in Williamson County. One of them has to be sold, and since living here would make his drive to work in Sumner County well over an hour each way, looks like we will be moving to Lebanon in a year or so. In the meantime, my small group of 7 hens (and one Dom rooster, named Primary) will be joined by 25 assorted chicks arriving sometimes next week. We are excited to have new chicks (first in over four years) and we will sell some, keep some. Obviously we don't need that many chickens in Lebanon!

I love picking up that little peeping box at the post office at the crack of dawn and watching them try and figure out food and water!

Vanessa

So, went to TSC today to get a new feeder/waterer for the CornishX babies in the brooder and they had new chicklets!!! Speckled sussex, production reds, and cornish rocks! DH said no
hit.gif

The speckled sussex chicks were sooo cute!!!

Back
Top Bottom