Tennessee?

Quote:
Have any pics of thr sizzles? How old are they?

I'll get pics if it EVER stops raining. I tried and they were too damp to photograph well, then it rained again and now they're refusing to come out where I can shoot pics even when it clears. Stoopid weather.

I can't tell Sizzle sexes so I have to take photos for people to help anyway. Frustrating breed that.

The blue ee's are lightly barred and very pretty, the black barreds are just pretty. The small baby EE's are still these little adorable black and white puffs.

The bantam dark brahmas are turning out nicely but now that my own hens go broody well, I won't be needing to keep very many spares for brooding around.

Hatchery partridge rocks aren't supposed to go broody. Nobody told these that.

I've a ton of PR and Barred Rock over PR hen babies running around and several PR Cock over barred hen... And halo's blue and black babies. Yay. Lots of rocks for me to work with. Okay maybe too many... Nah...

Here's the last set of photos - ee's mixed with dels and sizzles... http://s520.photobucket.com/albums/w328/walkswithdog/Dels and sizzles growing/

Quote:
hahaha amen to that !!!! I am so close to finishing my 2nd coop and the chicken run (need doors and roof on the coop, put the fencing up on the posts for the run) and it keeps raining
hmm.png
dang rain haha

I suppose it is saving me money from watering my garden tho . . . .

Quote:
hahaha amen to that !!!! I am so close to finishing my 2nd coop and the chicken run (need doors and roof on the coop, put the fencing up on the posts for the run) and it keeps raining
hmm.png
dang rain haha

I suppose it is saving me money from watering my garden tho . . . .

It's a trade-off all the time, isn't it.
My chickens are not happy. There was a downpour yesterday during their free-range time. But it'll all work out soon!

Personally, I am not going to complain about rain. I am loving seeing the rivers and lakes full for a change! And I have no doubt we'll catch up on our sunshine soon.

GrannyPat, I'm glad you're still enjoying your babies!

tbcross, when you head to Pigeon Forge holler and maybe a bunch of local BYC folks could meet and do lunch or breakfast or something?

Last edited:
Sounds good, if I ever get away from here, rain is getting us too no new goat pens up. Till they get put up no trips! Argggghhh so much work so little people to do it! LOL
Barb

With a heavy sigh I have to announce that I'm selling off most of my building flock for this year. I need a 1400$ root canal.

I will be halving what I was going to hold to grow out.

Bourbon red and calico poults
Delwares, EEs blue barred and black barred from blue eggs, Sizzles, Partridge and black rock chicks. BA/BR pullets, Bantam Dark Brahmas(from BYC breeder). Most started, some already near POL and free ranging. Turkeys are still young around four weeks. Two RIR pullets. If you were considering buying started stock, consider what I have listed here. I need to sell out quickly owwwww
barnie.gif
he.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif

Quote:
Hey!
how old are the EE's and the Sizzles? got any pics? (Shh, don't tell I was asking! All of my pens are full to the brim
lol.png
)

The EE's are staggered, 13 weeks 11 weeks and 3-4 weeks. The sizzles are about 12 weeks, two females one blue, one black, both carrying blue, three maybe- is a blue Frilkie still undetermined., and ... two smooth males, one still becoming more interesting gray mottled.

The blue pullet is an outstanding fourth generation bird. The others are well, like the breed, works in progress, the black smooth to the blue sizzle pullet would be a great pair, the blue/red smooth to the blue frilkie or black sizzle would also be useful as a pairing. They grey mottled is likely to produce some spectacular patterns down the line. I have to hold one roo for the breeder but I need to move the lot. Which saddens me, I hatched these from eggs.

LOL Pics I have:
Most of the birds for sale are here at varying ages...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=2297981#p2297981

Quote:
Hey Chere --

Is that australorp/barred rock, or australorp/black rock? If it's black rock, I'll take two of those or two pure black rock pullets. My dad had a pet Australorp as a kid and I keep meaning to get one or two to be "his" chickens when he comes to visit. Pullets only!

btw....the link you provided for pics leads right back to this thread!

The BA mixes are barred girls getting to be large lovely pullets, but I have several up and coming black rocks (Halos) 8 weeks and five weeks, and you saw the black (partridge/barred or barred/partridge) babies, have some of those too. Also have one of Halos blacks as a VERY large cockeral, tending toward splendid. I do have two of halos that are black pullets I'm pretty sure. LOL I have to go stare at the pen again, I'm losing count.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom