Tennessee?

Okay, now I'm confused.

I just googled "black rock chicken", and the first several hits are British sites which show a bird that looks like a black star -- black with red around the head. But they're calling it a black rock. Hmmm.

Anyone go to the first monday sale in morristown recently? Or any other e. tn swaps/sales? I'd love to know what they were like and if it was worth it!
smile.png

Quote:
I go almost every time
smile.png
I enjoy it, but go with caution, always quarantine birds you buy or do not sell; they're are some seriously ill birds there sometimes. If you are going for layers or for pets I would recommend it! show chickens, not so much. However I did see true Araucanas once, and a pair of white Wyandottes that were near SQ last time!
If anyone ever goes let me know!
smile.png

I quit going to first monday,got some sick and mite infested chickens.I now go to and trade at the I-81 flea market.It is located at exit 8 morristown,white pine.Get there early most bird traders leave around 11:00 or12:00.Also the first and third saturday in sweetwater has lots of nice birds I'll be going this weekend.

Quote:
I've seen that before, that's because most black rocks still carry the pg, and it will bleed in. Remember that one chick with red down on her wingbows? She actually has some faint pg trace there now.

You really have to sort away from those bleeding red to get pure black birds and it can be quite hard to do. I actually was looking FOR it. It helps keep them separate in my mind from Halo's true black (carrying blue) stock. And I got two in that one hatch that I'm keeping because it makes it easy to tell them apart, and they're also two very nice large pullets already.

tn.lou :

I quit going to first monday,got some sick and mite infested chickens.I now go to and trade at the I-81 flea market.It is located at exit 8 morristown,white pine.Get there early most bird traders leave around 11:00 or12:00.Also the first and third saturday in sweetwater has lots of nice birds I'll be going this weekend.

Thats good to know. Luckily this is the first weekend of the month so we'll run down there and check it out.​

tn.lou :

I was there today and let me tell you there was only 3 people I would have bought chickens from. Most that were for sell looked terrible and were carrying lice which was very noticable. Poor things did not have water either and it was hot out and no shade.

There was one great seller there and all he had was chickens his friend was selling gunienes(sp). They were all nice looking and well care for he had a table set up and the chickens were behind it in cages big enough for them. Besdies him and two others I rather by from a breeder or a hatchery.​

Quote:
no the birds are not at the flea market.They are on hwy 66 just past the lost sea beside the feed mill.It's 86 miles from my house but worth the trip

Back
Top Bottom