Terminix to kill wasps ok around chickens?

mommabear212

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 3, 2013
I searched the site and could not find an answer for this. We just killed several wasp/yellow jacket nests with Terminix. We got it because it is "organic/natural."

The ingredients are: Geraniol [106-24-1], White mineral oil, 2-propanol, vanillin, triethyl citrate, isopropyl myristate, carbon dioxide.

I am just not knowledgeable enough about this stuff and now I have lots of dead yellow jackets around on the ground in my yard and I won't let the chickens out until I know they are picked up off the ground or safe for the birds if they decide to eat them.

Thanks in advance for shared knowledge!

Heidi

I'm not sure, around our animals we always use some mint bee spray we get at a local hardware store. You might want to look up the ingredients individually and see if any are toxic.

Looking at the MSDS it does say no known hazard by swallowing.

1. PRODUCT AND COMPANY IDENTIFICATION
Product Name Terminix Ultimate Pr
otection Stinging Insect Killer
2. HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION
Potential Health Effects
Principle Routes of Exposure
Eye contact. Skin contact.
Acute Toxicity
Eyes
May cause irritation.
Skin
May cause irritation.
Inhalation
May be harmful if inhaled.
Ingestion
No known hazard by swallowing.
Chronic Effects
No known effect based on information supplied.

Aggravated Medical
Conditions
None known.
Interactions with Other Chemicals
None known
Environmental Hazard
See Section 12 for additional Ecological Information
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/4b/4b185399-4b31-4aa9-ad51-1c5bace9a25e.pdf

Last edited:
Thanks Kelsie! I googled each ingredient and couldn't find anything too bad about the stuff. Other than what you show here. Thank you for posting that! MSDS. Why didn't I think of that??? :hmm

Back
Top Bottom