Terrible hatching dream

Red&Yellow

Songster
10 Years
Sep 30, 2009
Frederick County, MD
Gah sometimes I really hate my sub-conscious!
Today is Day 19, and I woke up almost sweating from my dream:

The chicks were hatching and all of the ones hatched had HUGE combs! Also, for some reason one of the eggs hatched a snake, which started eating the chicks!!!
he.gif
barnie.gif
Then to top it off, I looked at the bottom of the incubator, and half of the bottom had split in half!!! ARGH Not helping my faith in hatching.

To top it all off, when I woke up, I heard cheeping!!!!!!! BUT it was from those darned robins outside my window, NOT my babies!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
barnie.gif

They can't hatch quickly enough.

oh you must be so nervous and worried about you little chicks making it.

I also had a dream about that hatching thing. I was alone in a huge very messy room with hatching eggs everywhere. No chicks, just broken eggs and embryos in the half open eggs that could not hatch and were dying one after the other.

I had this dream because i helped 3 chicks to hatch and 2 died, the humidity was too low in the incubator for those 21 days. Between the first death and the second i had this scary dream. My dream came true tho.

Please relax, everything is going to be ok, your little chicks will be powerful and nothing will hurt them. At least your dream cannot come true, even if it does....i am sure that those big comb little chicks will peck that newborn snake to death. hehehe

PEACE & Good luck!!!

LOL I had weird hatching dreams last time I incubated too. Definitely not looking forward to that again when I set my first batch this year
hmm.png

Are the little chick brains spamming our brains with bad dreams because we have them trapped in the incubator and not under a broody hen? Would the hen get the bad dreams then?

I am not really askin
tongue.png

I haven't dreamt about hatching before (we are incubating right now for the first time!), but I've had quite a few bad dreams about eggs. Usually there are tons of eggs hidden or in some dangerous place and I have to find them all. Lots of times there are eggs that are misshapen or a bear is going to eat them or something.
roll.png

Crazy how the chickens get into our deepest thoughts, isn't it?

But it was just a dream. I bet your babies will do awesome.

Back
Top Bottom