Terrorized by roosters! HELP!

Quote:
X2

It bothers me that your husband sounds so dismissive of your fears, and I'm wondering if there's a communication issue. I would give him the benefit of the doubt that he doesn't understand the depth of your fear and restate it in absolute terms, "Honey, I am terrified of the roosters. I know you like them, and I was willing to do what you wanted but it isn't working and I don't feel safe enough to continue trying. I'm going to advertise both roosters on Craigslist, unless you'd rather kill and eat them. I won't spend one more day being terrorized by them." -- Something like that. I definitely wouldn't lie about it. You are wayyyyy more important than a rooster and I have to believe that your husband agrees. If he doesn't, you have much bigger problems than roosters on your hands.
hmm.png

Last edited:
Quote:
X2

It bothers me that your husband sounds so dismissive of your fears, and I'm wondering if there's a communication issue. I would give him the benefit of the doubt that he doesn't understand the depth of your fear and restate it in absolute terms, "Honey, I am terrified of the roosters. I know you like them, and I was willing to do what you wanted but it isn't working and I don't feel safe enough to continue trying. I'm going to advertise both roosters on Craigslist, unless you'd rather kill and eat them. I won't spend one more day being terrorized by them." -- Something like that. I definitely wouldn't lie about it. You are wayyyyy more important than a rooster and I have to believe that your husband agrees. If he doesn't, you have much bigger problems than roosters on your hands.
hmm.png

x 2 hope it works out for you

Let us know how it works out!

Like I said earlier, I terminated our aggressive rooster--I did him in myself, and we had him for dinner. However, you could also advertise them on Craigslist, etc., if you don't like the idea of eating them.

I hope very much that your husband supports you and realizes that something MUST BE DONE. Life is challenging enough without having to watch your back from attack by a small psychotic animal--two of them in fact! What is more important--you, or the roosters?

Truly, there are sweet roosters available--do NOT tolerate bad ones.

I hope very much that your husband is supportive.

Quote:
X2

hmm.png

If you can't make them go away yourself, I'd have a different conversation with my husband. It would go something more like, "Honey, I will not be bullied, beat up, scarred and flogged by these roosters any longer. You need to kill them now." But then, my DH wouldn't put up with mean roos in the first place. He's not fond of chickens to begin with, so if I order a hit, he carries it out.

I'd definitely get rid of those roosters, whether or not your husband likes them. It doesn't matter how nice looking the roosters are; if you're scared of them, they need to go. They're only causing you stress, and your house is a place where you should be able to relax and not have to keep looking over your shoulder for a crazy attack chicken. If it were me, I'd tell the hubby that I understand he likes the roosters, but they're a couple of raging psychos, and if he likes them so much, he can start doing all the chicken related chores and deal with them himself. Maybe they'd come after him, and he'd change his tune.

Quote:
Agree! The bottom line here is that since you are the one responsible for their care, then you and you alone make any decisions about their future.

Back
Top Bottom