Testing incubator ... Question

Isn't it fun to build and create things?!? Keeps the blood flowing with excitement: anxiety, thrilling, worry, interesting. ALl good stuff.

With the changes that you could make, what are the temperature readings? Do remember to get readings from the same place: if you are measuring on top of the eggs on the bottom rack also measure on top of the eggs on the top rack.

HOw are you doing prepping for the storm-- alot of wind and rain coming. You can keep me posted so I know what's headed our way. We are located just above RI. THis storm has me rattled. Need to secure everything--I feel like Dorothy in the Wizard of OZ . . .

Quote:
Seems better it was cycling between 99-99.3 when i left but it needed to recover some temp. I moved the eggs so there was more air circulating. All seems good. I will update tomorrow.

Quote:
Did you mean that for me? I am no where near the storm. Do take care and be safe... don't blow away i still need help!!!!

I was thinking the storm was wide enough to include TN; looked at some weather maps tonight and you are way out in left field--meant literally, of course. Most of the storm is still centered off the coast.

Not supposed to get bad here until later Sat evening, then the eye will pass over during sunday. A long weekend. I'll be here to help--you've done really well so far; I'm just making suggestions; you have the difficult part , to decide if the idea is suitable to your set up, then trying it.

No rain here for the next week!! Is the eye gong to hit near you? I have not been following it much. I did see that it was going to hit maybe NC and then pick back up and hit further north. We get straight line winds here often that are 60-80 mph so I know it can be nerve racking. I was in a storm a few months ago and my mother called me and told me I was headed for tornado warning area
ep.gif
PANIC is not the word when I could not see to drive. Pee my pants kinda stuff. When I got going again and got to the farm my neighbors HUGE Maple trees 3 were down in our drive. The good part of that is if they had gone the other way they would have hit his house. Stay safe.

BTW the eggs I have candled randomly have air sacks and I think I saw a blob in one so
fl.gif
something is going on. Again thanks for your help! Feeling better about the hatch. Maybe I will calm down now. This is worse than waiting for the pregnancy test results
he.gif
pop.gif

The first few days are the most wobbly--for the incubator temperatures and our nerves! WHen the temps even out so do our nerves. Yes, this is worse than dealing with a preganacy.

The storm is running straight up the coast; as it hits colder water winds decreae; when it hits land winds decrease. Carribean and carolinas hit the hardest. I feel stressed because of the farm animals. My dog who is afraid of storms has already begun his nervous fearful behavior--he's a good storm forecaster!

I moved some chickens from the smaller coop to the bigger coop. At dusk of course when the hens are not in pecking order mood.

Our driveway is gravel, thought it more natural than pavement, and one section washes away in heavy rains. Either I shovel it all back in which takes a few days, or I call the gravel company for a load and then spend 3-4 days spredding it out. I still like the gravel rather than pavement. WE will sandbag the driveway this time--we're learning!

THe eggs will have veining which increases, then a tiny blob is visible. Sorry, you may already know all this. If not, start with he sticky for good sites.

I'll check in again later today. GLad incubator is working well now.

It is holding steady.... finally!
woot.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
now to just wait till tuesday to candle again
fl.gif

Finished the hatcher... adjusting temps now and checking humidity. Any suggestions on raising humidity for three days? It is just an empty box now. the lights are sectioned off with hardware cloth and room for water trays. I have trays to put sponges in but i have not tried it yet. The incubator has just water and barely stays at 30-35% and I am ok with that but the hatcher has to be higher.

When is the storm hitting you? I know about the driveway thing... ours got washed away in the flood and took for ever to fix it and four neighbors, it is really long and we could not find it
gig.gif
our neighbor's was all in a neat pile though...hum maybe he took ours
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom